logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
PastorD  
#1 Posted : Monday, June 8, 2020 11:50:58 AM(UTC)
PastorD

Groups: Registered
United States

Put in a ticket 2 weeks ago to vMix about the Desktop Capture program crashing when I run it. Since I haven't heard back, thought I'd throw it to the forum to see if anyone has thoughts.

This is in a church and the computer back at the sound booth is running Proclaim to present slides, video, etc to a pair of screens at the front. I have put the vMix Desktop Capture software on this computer and each time I run it, the software crashes within 5 seconds. This happens with nothing else running on the computer and with Proclaim running. It happens so fast I don't even have a chance to click on the error message and capture the data. I thought I might have corrupt files so I took the files home and have run it on my computer here and connected to it using vMix NDI. Worked perfect so it's not the files. Surprisingly, I made a remote connection to the computer yesterday (Saturday) and started the desktop capture software. I stayed up and run for 8 hours before I closed it out. This morning I started it back up and ... BOOM ... it crashed again. One day it works and the next it doesn't? I was ready to call it a hardware issue but now ??? Does anyone have the requirements for this software? Memory / CPU ???

How about a good, and inexpensive, hardware NDI desktop capture device? Recommendations there?

Thanks for the assistance.

David
admin  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 9, 2020 3:15:42 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4135 time(s) in 1487 post(s)
Hi David,

vMix Desktop Capture requires a Intel CPU made after around 2010 or an AMD CPU made after approximately 2012.
It also requires wither Windows 7 with all the latest updates installed, or preferably Windows 10.

So the first thing to check is the computer being captured meets all these requirements, if not
then it is not likely to work and an upgrade is in order!

Regards,

Martin
vMix
thanks 1 user thanked admin for this useful post.
eduardocfs on 6/9/2020(UTC)