logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
thomaschang99@icloud.com  
#1 Posted : Sunday, June 7, 2020 8:51:18 AM(UTC)
thomaschang99@icloud.com

Groups: Registered
United States

I have a digital mixer: Yamaha TF3
I connect USB output to my PC running Windows 10.
From vMIX, there's two of the 34 channels are seen from vMIX.
How would I hear all the channels?
Thanks,
Thomas
LouKohley  
#2 Posted : Sunday, June 7, 2020 9:30:30 AM(UTC)
LouKohley

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
You need to assign the usb rec outs to be the stereo master output. Then you will hear the mix output of the TF3.

LOU
thomaschang99@icloud.com  
#3 Posted : Sunday, June 7, 2020 10:13:52 AM(UTC)
thomaschang99@icloud.com

United States

Lou,
Thanks for the quick reply! Much appreciated. Obviously I am a newbie here, so your help is greatly appreciated.
I'll try the usb recording output config that you suggested on TF3.

In vMix, when adding a new audio source, I am seeing a long list of duplicate entries under "Yamaha Steinberge ASIO" category, as seen in the attached picture.

Which I should I select for the Main Mix output from TF3?

Thomas
Screen Shot 2020-06-06 at 5.10.32 PM.png (624kb) downloaded 5 time(s).
LouKohley  
#4 Posted : Sunday, June 7, 2020 10:17:49 AM(UTC)
LouKohley

Sorry I should have been more detailed.

The TF has a 32x32 interface. That's 32in and 32 out. Each one of those channels is assignable on the mixer itself. You need to assign the usb card out 1 and 2 to be stereo left and right respectively (sorry I'm not 100% where that is. I haven't used the TF I'm familiar with the rest of the Yamaha range)

If you need more help let me know and we can connect. Give it a try. Good luck.

LOU
LouKohley  
#5 Posted : Monday, June 8, 2020 4:21:35 PM(UTC)
LouKohley

Thomas and I spent some time sorting this out.

Here are some key details for those searching the forum in the FUTURE...Future...future (this is an echo)

The tf consoles have a 34x34 interface. The first 32 are direct outs of the 32 input channels. You can only assign the last two channels.

The confusing part was how the asio driver showed up in vmix. In the photo above it shows 17 pairs and then 34 single channels.
The pairs are stereo odd/even. So 1/2, 3/4, etc. The last pair is the assignable one. 33/34.
Once you have this interface in vmix you need to change what is going into vmix. This is controlled on the TF mixer.
Tap the cassette icon at the top of the touch screen on the TF.
Then Input/output.
Then you assign one of your outputs to the usb 33/34. This is usually the Stereo L/R.

Now anything going out to the house PA will also go into vmix for streaming.

Additionally if you want to return audio from vmix you can do this over the usb as well.
However the routing gets a little more complex.
You need to create a mix-minus. This can be accomplished using a bus in vmix or on the TF mixer.

To get audio from vmix back to the TF, assign the master output of vmix (under settings, upper right corner). Select the Yamaha driver under audio outputs. Then pick where you want the audio to show up on the TF mixer. We chose 23/24.

To assign it on the TF, select the channel (23/24), under the input patch for the channel you get 3 choices. Input, usb, and slot. Input is the xlr on the console itself, usb is coming back from the computer (this is the one we want), the slot is for any expansion card you have in your mixer.

Hope this helps anyone searching for this solution.

LOU
thanks 2 users thanked LouKohley for this useful post.
vika on 7/12/2021(UTC), zoomsmith on 12/29/2021(UTC)
zoomsmith  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, May 24, 2022 1:22:06 AM(UTC)
zoomsmith

United States

@LouKohley

I can't thank you enough for posting your solution and explanation. It's beyond frustrating that Yamaha documentation does not explain the Steinberg Driver functionality AT ALL.

On my TF5, I assigned Aux7 to Record Channel 33 and Aux 8 to Record Channel 34. Then in the vMix I chose the 17th item from the list. (Wow that's intuitive)
I still need to fine tune my recording mix, but it's working!!

mavik  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, May 24, 2022 1:45:59 AM(UTC)
mavik

Man

Was thanked: 164 time(s) in 146 post(s)
I would not want to route the master of TF 33/34 to vMix. Rout a TF bus to vMix so you can easily create a mix minus for stuff that needs to be send to vMix. Same applies in vMix. Don't send the master to TF. Assign a Bus to send to TF. You need the master for record and streaming and may need to add videos, calls and the like. Havin a dedicated bus for the TF is much easier to handle as well.
This way you can have both really as masters. The TF for the room PA the vMix for recording/streaming.
I have made some videos for the Behringer XR18 but the same logic applies here as well.
https://video.mavik.de/
zoomsmith  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, December 20, 2022 5:50:46 AM(UTC)
zoomsmith

United States

@Mavik
Re: "Route a TF bus to vMix"
How would one accomplish it on the TF?
The core issue in this thread is lack of Yamaha documentation regarding USB output, so specifics are really needed to make your suggestion useful to others.
mavik  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, December 20, 2022 6:16:37 AM(UTC)
mavik

Man

Was thanked: 164 time(s) in 146 post(s)
I don't have a TF at hand but you should start with the USB driver installation
https://de.yamaha.com/de..._usb_driver_for_win.html
Here it says that the mixers have 34 ch I/O over USB.
https://de.yamaha.com/de...ucts/proaudio/mixers/tf/
Installing the driver may be "invisible" for normal windows apps. Only the apps supporting ASIO will "see" them. In vMix (supports ASIO) you will need to select the Yamaha driver and then select the channel you wish to use.

If you still have issue I can offer a remote session onto your computer.

The TF seems to be a bit limited in terms of what you can route onto the 34x34. The first 32 channel are the inputs. Ch 33+34 could be chosen more widely. It seems the Behringers allow more freedom on that side.

And a new FW enables more freedom on the USB side.
caledonius  
#10 Posted : Friday, May 19, 2023 1:35:25 PM(UTC)
caledonius

United States

I confess that I have followed this and other vMix forum threads on how to get my church's Yamaha TF-RACK USB output into Vmix with great interest for months, but so far all attempts to get this to work have been fruitless. While we can successfully get channels 33/34 input in, the best we can get is choppy, stuttering audio in a single channel (right). We have the latest Yamaha ASIO drivers installed, and with those same drivers we have no problem getting audio in from a simpler Yamaha MG10XU board connected via USB. We have tried three different USB cables and three different USB ports directly on the CPU of our Win10 PC.

I have engaged vMix support who feels that the issue arises from using a PC without a dedicated graphics card (older 2015-era Intel NUC), but we've had no trouble getting the audio in from the Yahama MG10XU. As a kludgy compromise we've always daisy chained the TF-RACK via two XLR connections from the XLR outputs to the 1010XU board and from there into the PC via USB, but it has driven me bonkers that I cannot solve this one last technical issue since my small church tasked me with figuring out livestreaming in August 2021. If anyone has definitive documentation of a fix, I'd love to hear it!