logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
PastorD  
#1 Posted : Monday, May 25, 2020 10:16:16 AM(UTC)
PastorD

Groups: Registered
United States

I realize that the D-Link DCS-4603 is not among the list of compatible PTZ cameras supported by vMix. It does, however, support RTSP and H264 AAC-HBR protocols as specified by vMix. I've read through the documentation found it in need of updating so I turned here, to the forums to find out how to configure the imput.

I have the camera configured and in vMix I've added selected Stream/SRT. From here I have selected VLC. I think I have the URL figured out (rtsp://192.168.1.11:554/user=admin&password=password&channel=1&stream=0.sdp ?real_stream) from what I've picked up here in the forums. What is the "Options" box for?

Anything else I should be looking for?

Thanks if advance.
David
PastorD  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, May 26, 2020 12:27:49 PM(UTC)
PastorD

Groups: Registered
United States

Been playing with this for a couple of hours now. If anyone would like to know - Yes, the D-Link DCS-4603 will work with vMix. Here's how:

1. Add input
2. Select Stream/SRT
3. Use VLC
4. Enter the URL in this format, rtsp://192.168.0.101:554/live2.sdp
5. If you have not done so, you'll need to set authentication on the camera to None

This will give you a camera feed from this device. I have tried all the PTZ options, the only one that seems to connect is Test PTZ although it did not actually move the camera. But then again, I haven't been able to move it from the web interface either. More testing tomorrow and maybe I'll have this ready to go for Sunday's service.