logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Nigel.Mercer  
#21 Posted : Monday, June 26, 2023 7:56:10 PM(UTC)
Nigel.Mercer

Groups: Registered
South Africa

+1 for 1080p vMix caller
ryxyz  
#22 Posted : Tuesday, June 27, 2023 1:08:20 AM(UTC)
ryxyz

United States

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 3 post(s)
+1
sunkast  
#23 Posted : Tuesday, June 27, 2023 3:09:54 AM(UTC)
sunkast

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
I'll be honest, I have been looking at and considering alternatives to vMix Call as a result of the lack of support for 1080p callers unless they are using vMix. Looking at the alternatives out there, vMix Call is considerably lacking these days in feature set. 1080p video being one of the big ones. But also the management of audio/video sources for guests by the operator. Whereby the operator can view audio/video sources a guests has, and request the change for the guest whom only has to click a button to confirm the changes. One of the biggest struggles with taking guests in vMix Call is they rarely have the right camera, or mic selected. Instructing the guests through changing the source, then reconnecting, is a chore.

I'll end this by saying I am a long time supporting of vMix and still think it's one of the best video production tools out there. But vMix is definitely slipping behind on some feature sets and changes that other players in the video production space, especially on the consumer side.
elvis55  
#24 Posted : Tuesday, June 27, 2023 3:57:27 PM(UTC)
elvis55

Switzerland

Was thanked: 55 time(s) in 49 post(s)
Originally Posted by: sunkast Go to Quoted Post
I'll be honest, I have been looking at and considering alternatives to vMix Call as a result of the lack of support for 1080p callers unless they are using vMix. Looking at the alternatives out there, vMix Call is considerably lacking these days in feature set. 1080p video being one of the big ones. But also the management of audio/video sources for guests by the operator. Whereby the operator can view audio/video sources a guests has, and request the change for the guest whom only has to click a button to confirm the changes. One of the biggest struggles with taking guests in vMix Call is they rarely have the right camera, or mic selected. Instructing the guests through changing the source, then reconnecting, is a chore.

I'll end this by saying I am a long time supporting of vMix and still think it's one of the best video production tools out there. But vMix is definitely slipping behind on some feature sets and changes that other players in the video production space, especially on the consumer side.

WebRTC Test

https://webcasts.com/webrtc/
sunkast  
#25 Posted : Wednesday, June 28, 2023 12:11:59 PM(UTC)
sunkast

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Originally Posted by: elvis55 Go to Quoted Post

Thanks for the suggestion. However I'm well aware of this site. I think you miss one of my issues where vMix Call is not always the most user friendly for guests. Having to instruct the guest how to use both vMix Call, and then a separate test site would only add to the workload and confusion of the guest. Having something built into the vMix Call web site for the guest to select their camera, microphone, and test before joining the call would streamline the process of getting the guest connected with the correct camera/mic options rather than painfully guiding them through how to change the settings and reconnecting. I do not have enough fingers and toes to count how many times I've had to tell a guest they have to reconnect after they change their settings for the change to take affect.