logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
themann00  
#1 Posted : Friday, April 17, 2020 12:33:04 AM(UTC)
themann00

Groups: Registered
United States

When I started zoom today, it made me wait a short bit while it updated.
Then in vMix, I went to my desktop capture input, and right clicked it and selected the meeting in progress. White screen. I tried other sources, full screens, open applications, browser windows- everything works as expected. But not Zoom. It's the one and only thing that is now a white screen... and this is a saved config file that has worked with Zoom forever. (Until today's update)

As a workaround, I was able to move the zoom window to a 2nd monitor, share that full monitor, and then crop and zoom back into the zoom window. This will work for now- but long term is not a solution I can use.

Has anyone seen this before. I am certain it's 100% Zoom's fault- and could be something to do with them trying to prevent this new zero-day exploit that allows hackers to watch your zoom conferences? But want to see what I can do to get it back. (and know that a talk with zoom is where this is likely headed- but know that these forums will be full of people who understand what I'm trying to do long before zoom tech support will)

vMix 21.0.0.61 x64 Windows 10 Home
vmixusersrb  
#2 Posted : Friday, April 17, 2020 1:39:13 AM(UTC)
vmixusersrb

Serbia

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hello. You can watch my tutorial and do everything just like I did in video. For me this is the best way transfering zoom to vmix with using just one display.

thanks 1 user thanked vmixusersrb for this useful post.
themann00 on 4/17/2020(UTC)
themann00  
#3 Posted : Friday, April 17, 2020 2:09:46 AM(UTC)
themann00

United States

Originally Posted by: vmixusersrb Go to Quoted Post
Hello. You can watch my tutorial and do everything just like I did in video. For me this is the best way transfering zoom to vmix with using just one display.

THAT IS AWESOME AND THAT IS WHY I POSTED HERE FIRST!
I can't test it again until Monday- but I bet the Zoom update changed that setting. Thank you so much for this- looks like a super simple fix!
vmixusersrb  
#4 Posted : Friday, April 17, 2020 2:47:42 AM(UTC)
vmixusersrb

Serbia

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: themann00 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: vmixusersrb Go to Quoted Post

THAT IS AWESOME AND THAT IS WHY I POSTED HERE FIRST!
I can't test it again until Monday- but I bet the Zoom update changed that setting. Thank you so much for this- looks like a super simple fix!

OK, but I made this working on 23 version of vmix, I don't know will this work on your version...