logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Victory Radio  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 31, 2020 12:01:40 AM(UTC)
Victory Radio

Groups: Registered
United States

Hello. I'm not sure if this is the correct category. If it's not, please direct me to the right place.
Also, please forgive me if it's a dumb question. I'm not a newb at this subject but I haven't had to ask a question in a forum for a very long time. But now I'm stumped and I need some help!

I'm helping a local church do a permanent install of two Panasonic AW-UE70 PTZ cams in their sanctuary. The install went well, but we are having issues getting vMix to pick them up. rtsp isn't working on UDP or VLC. I don't know if we just haven't found the right URL format or if there is truly no rtsp compatibility here.

Every piece of literature I can find from Panasonic says this model supports rtsp, but I've tried all the URL formats in those sources. We could go NDI, but we are pushing the edge on budget and would prefer not to have to buy the NDI upgrade if we can avoid it.

Any suggestions?
dmwkr  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, March 31, 2020 2:30:17 AM(UTC)
dmwkr

Was thanked: 118 time(s) in 107 post(s)
Can only speak for the HE40 we use, but it is probably similar. Don't know what you have tried. Here is what works for us on RTSP over UDP / RTSP over TCP:
rtsp://<cam_ip>:554/mediainput/h264/stream_1

see: https://eww.pass.panason...nt/faq/EN/remcam/33_.pdf

And in general:
- You have to set the "Priority Mode" of the camera to "IP" (not "SD card", and not "USB")
- For starters: Turn User authentication off
xaver  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, March 31, 2020 4:10:51 AM(UTC)
xaver

Man

Was thanked: 38 time(s) in 32 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Victory Radio Go to Quoted Post
Hello. I'm not sure if this is the correct category. If it's not, please direct me to the right place.
Also, please forgive me if it's a dumb question. I'm not a newb at this subject but I haven't had to ask a question in a forum for a very long time. But now I'm stumped and I need some help!

I'm helping a local church do a permanent install of two Panasonic AW-UE70 PTZ cams in their sanctuary. The install went well, but we are having issues getting vMix to pick them up. rtsp isn't working on UDP or VLC. I don't know if we just haven't found the right URL format or if there is truly no rtsp compatibility here.

Every piece of literature I can find from Panasonic says this model supports rtsp, but I've tried all the URL formats in those sources. We could go NDI, but we are pushing the edge on budget and would prefer not to have to buy the NDI upgrade if we can avoid it.

Any suggestions?

Did you check https://eww.pass.panason...or_Web_Control-UE70E.pdf ?
Chapter 10