logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Tone13  
#1 Posted : Monday, March 30, 2020 6:52:45 AM(UTC)
Tone13

Groups: Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hi all,

Getting my head around vMix and finding it's quite an amazing bit of software!

I have a project where my contributors, producer and graphics operator are all in different remote locations. I will be switching and mixing the show on my own from my location.

My questing is, can a graphics operator connect to my system via SRT and overlay the graphics themselves using vMix on their system? Does SRT support Alpha channel? Is the video quality good enough to show sharp, 1080p graphics?

Cheers
raugert  
#2 Posted : Monday, March 30, 2020 2:12:49 PM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

Was thanked: 309 time(s) in 176 post(s)
Unfortunately SRT does not support alpha. https://www.vmix.com/help23/index.htm?SRT.html

You might be better off having your graphics on your main vMix computer and have your remote graphics operator control them using a 3rd party app like vMix Panel Builder. If you setup vMix on a DDNS server (use something like FreeDNS), you can remotely control your vMix. Your graphics op and producer could then use SRT or vMixcall for monitoring.

cheers,
Richard
thanks 1 user thanked raugert for this useful post.
Tone13 on 3/30/2020(UTC)
Tone13  
#3 Posted : Monday, March 30, 2020 6:48:16 PM(UTC)
Tone13

Australia

Thanks Richard,

So someone can control certain functions of my vMix machine remotely while I am switching the show?

This would be awesome!

The other option I'm thinking is just to have a laptop running the graphics software at my location and feeding it into my vMix PC via NDI. The graphics operator could then remotely control this laptop using Teamviewer or similar.

It would be great if vMix allowed different sections of the switcher (Audio, Graphics,) to be controlled by seperate computers like you can do with Blackmagic ATEM switchers just by connecting vie network connection.
raugert  
#4 Posted : Monday, March 30, 2020 10:51:21 PM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

Was thanked: 309 time(s) in 176 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Tone13 Go to Quoted Post
The other option I'm thinking is just to have a laptop running the graphics software at my location and feeding it into my vMix PC via NDI. The graphics operator could then remotely control this laptop using Teamviewer or similar.

That should also work. That way you don't need to setup a DDNS server

Originally Posted by: Tone13 Go to Quoted Post
It would be great if vMix allowed different sections of the switcher (Audio, Graphics,) to be controlled by seperate computers like you can do with Blackmagic ATEM switchers just by connecting vie network connection.

You can do this with the "vMix Panel Builder" app. You can design custom control panels that can be run from separate computers simultaneously, if they are on the same network.
Tone13  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, March 31, 2020 6:16:48 AM(UTC)
Tone13

Australia

Originally Posted by: raugert Go to Quoted Post

You can do this with the "vMix Panel Builder" app. You can design custom control panels that can be run from separate computers simultaneously, if they are on the same network.

Great! Will look into this.

Thanks again.