logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mstrong  
#1 Posted : Monday, March 31, 2014 11:35:38 AM(UTC)
mstrong

Groups: Registered

I'm trying to broadcast and record our church services with some of the overlay features of vMix. We had a Kworld DVD Maker USB 2.0 that was working ok, but it quit and the replacement one didn't work too well (jumpy video). I purchased a Dell branded ATI Theatre 550 TV tuner card in hopes that it would work with vMix since our church is on a tight budget.

vMix does recognize the card in the list of capture devices when I add an input. However, when I add it, it just shows a black screen. The advanced properties of the ATI AVStream Analog Capture shows that it detects a signal on the Video Decoder tab with 525 lines detected. I have Flash Media Live Encoder installed for the streaming, and when I open it separately, it recognizes the capture card and it displays the camera feed properly. So I know the feed is coming in properly and the drivers seem to be correct. I just can't get vMix to decode the camera feed.

I've tried to match the settings that are similar to vMix and FMLE such as Resolution: 720x480, System: NTSC 59.94i or 29.97p, Input: S Video, Video Format: Default

Again, these settings work well in FMLE, but I just get a black screen in vMix. I would think that since vMix recognizes the device, and FMLE displays this video feed, that vMix should be able to as well. That could just be a wrong assumption though and that's why I'm here. Anyone know?

System: Windows 8.1 x64, 24GB RAM, AMD A8-5500 3.2GHz, 1.5TB HDD
mstrong  
#2 Posted : Monday, March 31, 2014 11:45:42 AM(UTC)
mstrong

One thing I just noticed:
FMLE lists the format as H.264
vMix gives an error with H264:
Capture Resolution is not supported by this device.
AddNewInput.The following are supported:

720x480 NTSC 59.94i or 29.97p YUY2
720x240 NTSC 59.94p YUY2
720x576 PAL 50i or 25p YUY2
720x288 PAL 50p YUY2

Unspecified error

Picked 29.97p YUY2 and I don't get an error, but I still don't get video.
Charssay  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, April 1, 2014 7:16:35 AM(UTC)
Charssay

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 18 post(s)
Hello mstrong

The ATI 550 is an old card, I think that even the drivers is a windows one since Ati do not have made it for Windows 8 or 7. (If I do not mistake)
The issue is related to the chipset of this card, (it's the same structure - not name), using on old Hauppauge and Avermedia embedding hardware decoder working well with other software but never with Vmix

Since your church is tight on budget, I will advice you to use this card

http://www.amazon.com/Av...MTVHDDVRR/dp/B002SQE1O0/

It's cheap and will give you a better quality and you can even use two Vcamera one in Hdmi and the other in RCA or Svideo. Adding another one you can even use 4 Vcamera

Rgds

C.

mstrong  
#4 Posted : Monday, April 7, 2014 11:22:45 PM(UTC)
mstrong

Charssay wrote:
Hello mstrong

The ATI 550 is an old card, I think that even the drivers is a windows one since Ati do not have made it for Windows 8 or 7. (If I do not mistake)
The issue is related to the chipset of this card, (it's the same structure - not name), using on old Hauppauge and Avermedia embedding hardware decoder working well with other software but never with Vmix

Since your church is tight on budget, I will advice you to use this card

http://www.amazon.com/Av...MTVHDDVRR/dp/B002SQE1O0/

It's cheap and will give you a better quality and you can even use two Vcamera one in Hdmi and the other in RCA or Svideo. Adding another one you can even use 4 Vcamera

Rgds

C.

Took your advice, got this card and was able to test it out today. Works well and also seems to be better quality than the other card I had, plus it allows us to expand in the future! Thanks a lot!