logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Laimiuz  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 16, 2019 1:21:14 PM(UTC)
Laimiuz

Groups: Registered
Man
Lithuania

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hello.

Sorry, for maybe stuped question, but yesterday I obtained Shuttle Pro for Replay. Played with it 15 min. and started customize shortcuts, provided by template. I found allmost everything I need, excepting one feature (probably I did not found it yet). I want to update in and out points of selected event with controller. For example:
1. Some command like “Jump to in point”.
2. When I see exact in point, i can correct it with jog wheel and shuttle. In a points search mode shuttle could work like in a old Betacam VTR’s. It would be great!
3. When I’m in the right place, I can innitiate command “update in point” and voila!... your event is ready for replay :)

It’s not posible in way like this, or I just not found it yet?
Thankyou for replays ;)
doggy  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 16, 2019 5:25:13 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)
Quote:
I want to update in and out points of selected event with controller

ReplayUpdateSelectedInpoint etc

Quote:
1. Some command like “Jump to in point”.

your event has created the in point

Quote:
When I see exact in point, i can correct it with jog wheel and shuttle. In a points search mode shuttle could work like in a old Betacam VTR’s. It would be great!

Old ?

Quote:
When I’m in the right place, I can initiate command “update in point” and voila!... your event is ready for replay

See first

ps.
will need more than 15 minutes to customize if you havent checked out/tried the list of shortcuts possible
Also check here
Laimiuz  
#3 Posted : Friday, October 18, 2019 4:54:15 AM(UTC)
Laimiuz

Man
Lithuania

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
My english is not so good, so you missunderstood what I want to say. I will try once again :)

Let’s say I made a shorcut to mark 5 seconds episode in recorder video. I did that let’s say on timecode 0:00:07:00. In that situation my in point will be marked at TC 0:00:02:00 and out point at TC 0:00:07:00. Now I want to check and maybe correct my out point with actual image. There is no function to jump “cursor” in TC 0:00:07:00. On display I see both timecodes - In/Out point and cand drag them with mouse. My goal is not use mouse, but due In/Out corrections with controller.

To mark episode with 5 seconds range I can map button to function “ReplayMarkInOutRecorded” with value 5.
To correct In point TC, I can use function “ReplayMoveSelectedInPoint”.

But how the hell I can jump to that In Point to scroll forward or backward?!

I need something like “JumpToInPoint”, because I need rewind exactly 5 second backward and then I can start search for exact point where i want to start my replay. When it’s done I need to forward 5 seconds, to search, where my out point should be. Scenario:

1. JumpToInPoint - cursor jumps to TC 0:00:02:00. I see the picture, rotate jogweel backwards and decided to start 15 frames earlier.
2. ReplayMoveSelectedInPoint - now my in point TC is 0:00:01:35 (I’m talking about 50FPS production).
3. JumpToOutPoint - cursor immediately jumps to TC 0:00:07:00. Now I can adjust Out Point position in the same way - rotate jogwheel, find a right place, initiate command ReplayMoveSelectedOutPoint.

That’s what I need.
doggy  
#4 Posted : Friday, October 18, 2019 5:28:08 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)
Quote:
But how the hell I ....

(rolleyes, seems your english is pretty good )

Imagine what one could do if ReplayJumpFrames existed

to jump to inpoint , select the event!

And as apparently (dont know the reason) your wanted JumpToOutPoint doesnt exist you will have to use a bit of imagination in what you can do with the above by thinking out of the box
Who says one can not do the end adjust first?: select event (will bring you to the inpoint) and jump 250 frames (you know 5sec times 50fps), adjust, select again so you are at in again and adjust

and until there is such a command, because you made a feature request for a jump to in /out , this could be a way to work for now