logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
FrankLeggett  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 2, 2019 11:19:43 PM(UTC)
FrankLeggett

Groups: Registered
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Hi,

I notice that if I use Multicorder to record the inputs I get dropped frames (Inputs are NDI sources from a Tricaster) but if I record the Vmix output in either record or multicorder I don't get dropped frames. I have also tried this with an AJA SDI usb3 capture device and the I get a lot of dropped frames on the input recordings but there is no dropped frames on the output screen.
admin  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 2, 2019 11:57:55 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4135 time(s) in 1487 post(s)
Hi Frank,

MultiCorder records the sources directly as is and the dropped frames counter will note any gaps in the video feed it detects.
You would also see these dropped frames in the vMix statistics window, but not on the recording, since that is based on vMix's own frame rate
which will automatically fill in the gaps, but the resulting video will look the same in either case.

To diagnose why both then NDI source and USB input are dropping frames I would suggest sending us an email:
info@vmix.com.au

Regards,

Martin
vMix
FrankLeggett  
#3 Posted : Thursday, October 10, 2019 5:40:30 PM(UTC)
FrankLeggett

Groups: Registered
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Hi Martin,

I have cleaned up the recording on the laptop a lot by going into the settings of my Ubiquiti switcher and turning on Multicast routing. I do still have an issue with this laptop and it is with mp4 recording of Birddog NDI sources. I may have mentioned that I have an i7 Laptop and a i7 Desktop both with VMix installed. On the desktop I can use the Multicorder to record to Birddog mini's on my network without any major problem (I get about 1 or 2 dropped frames a minute on one of the sources) but the laptop won't record at all and I get an error message straight away saying "Arithmetic operation resulted in overflow". This only occurs with Birddog NDI sources not with Tricaster NDI sources? As I said though this is only on the laptop the Desktop and do MP4 recording on 2 Birddog sources. The birddog has been set to Multicast.