logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
MThomas56  
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 26, 2019 5:55:59 AM(UTC)
MThomas56

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
We have seen this most of the year, but are just now sitting down to further investigate why leading Zero's on player Numbers are being dropped when using the EXCEL/CSV data source for our overlays.

ALL of the player numbers are correct in the Raw CSV file from the scoring software shown as 01, 02, 03, but in the Vmix Data Source, they only show as 1,2,3.
Are there any Format parameters we can add in the Data Source properties window to have the data source keep the original number with the leading "0's?
I know that some other graphic programs offer a translation property for items like 1st, 2nd, and such, maybe something similar to translation the 01 numbers correctly?

Any info or small script would be great if anyone has run across this in the past.

Thanks,

Matt
doggy  
#2 Posted : Thursday, September 26, 2019 6:54:15 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 913 time(s) in 752 post(s)
Quote:
I know that some other graphic programs offer a translation property for items like 1st, 2nd, and such, maybe something similar to translation the 01 numbers correctly?

Has been addressed in this forum before so maybe try that
MThomas56  
#3 Posted : Friday, September 27, 2019 12:01:38 AM(UTC)
MThomas56

Man
United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Posting in the forum, I should have expected a reply from the experts with no link or solution.

Yes, we have searched the VMix forum, and the web with all of the questions/topics posed, with no posted solutions.

Maybe we just have to live with the bug, or someone will actually post a solution to why data Source 0's are dropped.
Data Source 0's question posed
doggy  
#4 Posted : Friday, September 27, 2019 2:50:10 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

sorry , we like to help and if things have been addressed searching for a link takes as much of our precious time as a poster but we know it has been addressed

people have solved 1st, 2nd trivia for titles with scripts for example (and posted this in the forum or even on fb user groups )
Personally i solved the dropped zeros but adding some code behind in the (xaml) titles to reformat the data

fun fact if you use vMix i search terms in Google its often easier to find relevant posts in this forum ;-)

https://forums.vmix.com/...rs-as-1st--2nd--3rd--4th

https://forums.vmix.com/...Downs-from-1-to-1st--etc

even if it is not exactly what you are looking for it often give one a lead to go from
doggy  
#5 Posted : Friday, September 27, 2019 3:29:29 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

following up on previous respons

the fun thing about vMix one can "fake" things a bit (what do you know , never happens in movies ;-) ) as a workaround

nothing prevents one from having "unused" textboxes as an intermediate to change things, add some scripting and what is standard not possible as magic ......

so why not add the zeros ourselves ??

load a basic title
enter a number ( integer in this case) in the first textblock
do following script and check result in second textblock

Quote:
Code:
dim j as integer
dim i As string = ""
dim mystring as string = ""

i  = Input.Find("mytitle").Text("Headline.Text") 
j = CInt(i)

myString = String.Format("{0:0000}", j)

API.Function("SetText",Input:="mytitle",SelectedName:="Description.Text",Value:=myString )

oh mytitle is the name of your title input !
perform the script using shortcut or program a loop into it so it keeps checking for a change to convert

your welcome