logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
MarkNF82  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 27, 2019 3:30:16 AM(UTC)
MarkNF82

Groups: Registered
Canada

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has made a 3rd party program for controlling titles in vMix, similar to a broadcast CG system. The closest I could find was vMixUTC, however I haven't been able to come up with a layout that does this yet.

Most CG systems I've worked with operate by using a combination of page numbers and list views. On each listed item you can assign which graphic layer it will appear on, what type of transition/speed to use and also edit the title template fields. When a item is selected, it displays in a different colour to say it is on air, and selecting it again clears it. Also, each line of the list has a number assigned to it. This allows the operator to quickly access a graphic and put it to air or use a mouse/keyboard to scroll through the list. You can also group items to assign different colours to them, or play as a list.

The reason for asking this was that I noticed a company using vMix for everything other than titles. Instead, they used an external broadcast graphics system just for the interface, even though they could have easily used vMix for the whole production.

I have attached a screen shot from a CG system. This is an old example, however still similar to how most modern systems operate.

Thanks

sequence.jpg (90kb) downloaded 2 time(s).
JAIRODJ  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2019 3:05:06 AM(UTC)
JAIRODJ

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 8 post(s)
I had thought about that possibility, but vmix doesn't have CG LIST and put it in suggestions

https://forums.vmix.com/...131-CG-List-for-graphics