logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
MarkNF82  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 27, 2019 3:30:16 AM(UTC)
MarkNF82

Groups: Registered
Canada

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has made a 3rd party program for controlling titles in vMix, similar to a broadcast CG system. The closest I could find was vMixUTC, however I haven't been able to come up with a layout that does this yet.

Most CG systems I've worked with operate by using a combination of page numbers and list views. On each listed item you can assign which graphic layer it will appear on, what type of transition/speed to use and also edit the title template fields. When a item is selected, it displays in a different colour to say it is on air, and selecting it again clears it. Also, each line of the list has a number assigned to it. This allows the operator to quickly access a graphic and put it to air or use a mouse/keyboard to scroll through the list. You can also group items to assign different colours to them, or play as a list.

The reason for asking this was that I noticed a company using vMix for everything other than titles. Instead, they used an external broadcast graphics system just for the interface, even though they could have easily used vMix for the whole production.

I have attached a screen shot from a CG system. This is an old example, however still similar to how most modern systems operate.

Thanks

sequence.jpg (90kb) downloaded 10 time(s).
JAIRODJ  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2019 3:05:06 AM(UTC)
JAIRODJ

Man

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 12 post(s)
I had thought about that possibility, but vmix doesn't have CG LIST and put it in suggestions

https://forums.vmix.com/...131-CG-List-for-graphics
Joeboe  
#3 Posted : Friday, November 29, 2019 4:37:03 PM(UTC)
Joeboe

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 31 post(s)
If you are using the same template, all you need to do is click on the "+" at the bottom of the page, then create another ritle, and you can have a list ...That is what I do, and all I have to do is open the title editor, and select the one i need, and I am ready to overlay.....
avsoundguy  
#4 Posted : Sunday, December 1, 2019 1:24:04 AM(UTC)
avsoundguy

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 11 post(s)
You can also assign shortcuts to go to the next or previous title preset
Joeboe  
#5 Posted : Sunday, December 1, 2019 11:05:06 AM(UTC)
Joeboe

Sure...that is how I do mine....I use this method all the timeI do the same with videos....instead of having a lot of clips, I create a play list, and select the clip I want to play.....less input windows to worry about
JAIRODJ  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, December 3, 2019 2:15:20 AM(UTC)
JAIRODJ

Man

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 12 post(s)
At least I and I think that the author of this topic also does not refer to using the same
template and adding data, but to the use of different CG (designs), and accessing them from
a list without having to add one to one to vmix , what it generates are more entries.
Something similar to videolist, choose one (edit the CG data, etc.) and send it to the air.
sackboydad  
#7 Posted : Monday, May 24, 2021 10:34:05 PM(UTC)
sackboydad

United States

Any update on this item?

I'm having the exact same issue and, frankly, I'm astonished vmix cannot do something this simple.

My issue is I need changing credits lower third. They are different templates. A filed has a title in one font and color, and underneath has the person (or persons) in a different font and color. Sometimes there's one column of people and sometimes two columns. that's why just doing a preset won't work.

I see it as having two VERY SIMPLE solutions if vmix programmers would just take the time to add either of them:

1. Allow adding titles to a LIST. This is the easiest. I can make a title input for each credit screen (tedious, but oh well), then drop each input into a list and make an automation that advances the list

2. Allow some intelligent object moving in the titler. For instance, referring to above... if I could anchor the bottom of the "Title" object to the top of the "Person's Name" object this would also fix it. That way if I have more than one person's name at the bottom, the title object would move up the screen. This would be the ideal fix as I could go back to using a data source to fill in all the credits.

Again I was amazed that something as simple as bounding box anchoring isn't part of the titler, let alone being able to make a list of titles and being able to overlay the list on top of video.
Joeboe  
#8 Posted : Monday, May 31, 2021 9:26:27 AM(UTC)
Joeboe

I work with some organizations, and I create titles with their logo, and I use the built-in titler in vMix for all my titles....For each organization, I would create a template, and I create a list very simple....I open the template in title editor, and for each entry, I just click on the (+) at the bottom section of the editor, and a list is created....Then I use Panel Builder to create a control for that list, and I cycle through them by the click of a button...and I never have any issues with my clients....one layout for each company...actually I was doing that even before Panel Builder was around....vMix had that ability from the time I can remember.....