logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
trevsdad  
#1 Posted : Sunday, August 11, 2019 7:25:42 AM(UTC)
trevsdad

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I have the latest version vMix HD (...just purchased) and I'm the admin for the FB business page (public) I live stream from. FB connects to Social just fine and I'm able to pull up the name of the page in settings. When I hit 'Find Posts' it finds posts from previous streams and in some cases will display the comments made then.

The problems is it won't do this (...what it's supposed to do) with a live a live stream. I've tried it with a live and test stream...no luck.

Also, I found this guidance in the knowledge base;

"vMix Social only has access to public posts on a Public Facebook Page you have full admin access to.
This means private profiles, personal timelines and all other content that is not on a Public Facebook Page cannot be accessed.

If you have a Public Facebook Page and have been assigned an admin, you can connect it to vMix Social by doing the following:

Click the Facebook icon in vMix Social.
Login using the account that has admin access to the page.
Type in the page name in the text box provided, this is the name that appears in the browser after the https://www.facebook.com/ for example vmixhd. Do not enter anything else in this box, or use the URL tab as it will no longer work.
Click Find Posts. In the list select the post you wish to retrieve comments for.
Click OK.
Click ON next to the Facebook icon to start receiving comments."

...however this doesn't work either because in Social FB setting you can't "type in the page name in the text box provided" there's just a pull down box with a set list pages to choose from...I only have one.

Please help, what am I doing wrong?
ellliott
richardgatarski  
#2 Posted : Sunday, August 11, 2019 6:49:14 PM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
Hi Elliot and welcome to the Forum, which btw is searchable. Maybe this hit helps you: https://forums.vmix.com/...blic-post-on-Public-page

cheers,
/richard
trevsdad  
#3 Posted : Monday, August 12, 2019 12:57:45 AM(UTC)
trevsdad

United States

Originally Posted by: richardgatarski Go to Quoted Post
Hi Elliot and welcome to the Forum, which btw is searchable. Maybe this hit helps you: https://forums.vmix.com/...blic-post-on-Public-page

cheers,
/richard

Richard...thanks! I missed this on an earlier search. I’m not sure I have a duplicate FB page, but I’ll look. Meanwhile, you mentioned that you used an earlier version of vMix and it worked. (vMix Social 5.0.0.9) Can you tell me how to find a copy of this?,
richardgatarski  
#4 Posted : Monday, August 12, 2019 4:31:50 AM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
That earlier version followed with an earlier version of vMix, and sorry I can't recall which version. If I find it I'll let you know.
BUT, when I said "worked" it might be that it worked in terms of selecting the live page. Not sure if it actually worked beyond that.
trevsdad  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, August 14, 2019 2:32:55 AM(UTC)
trevsdad

United States

Originally Posted by: richardgatarski Go to Quoted Post
That earlier version followed with an earlier version of vMix, and sorry I can't recall which version. If I find it I'll let you know.
BUT, when I said "worked" it might be that it worked in terms of selecting the live page. Not sure if it actually worked beyond that.

Well...I did find a FB 'event page' with the same name as my business page and thought that might be causing confusion based on your notes. I deleted it, but it didn't change anything...I'm still not getting fed any live posts through vMix Social on my FB page...VERY frustrating! I think I need help from a vMix admin...HELP!!!

admin  
#6 Posted : Thursday, August 15, 2019 3:28:42 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4135 time(s) in 1487 post(s)
For the benefit of others that may run across this issue, make sure you specify a title and/or description when creating
a post or live video on Facebook, otherwise it will not show up in the list.
trevsdad  
#7 Posted : Thursday, August 15, 2019 2:43:32 PM(UTC)
trevsdad

United States

Originally Posted by: admin Go to Quoted Post
For the benefit of others that may run across this issue, make sure you specify a title and/or description when creating
a post or live video on Facebook, otherwise it will not show up in the list.

...and it works! (solved)

Deuce Anderson  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, December 8, 2021 12:46:03 AM(UTC)
Deuce Anderson

United States

Me nd my tech team found a solution to this challenge (at least for me). FB is always changing and updating, the recent update changed the path by which vmix connected to FB. I work at a school and we restrict what comes in and goes out. this change made it so the protections set up by my network weren't allowing the connection. My IT department contacted FB and they gave them the new pathway. Hope this helps.