logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
AgentPete  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 7, 2019 1:31:45 AM(UTC)
AgentPete

Groups: Registered

I’m wondering whether anyone has found a way to open the vMix Web browser from a url held in a Data Source (e.g. Excel spreadsheet)?

Currently you have to manually input the URL. Might this be possible via scripting?
doggy  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 7, 2019 2:42:04 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 205 time(s) in 182 post(s)
Data Sources is for titles, don't see how you could link a webaddress from a datasource to another type of input (browser)

on the other hand have you checked the Shortcut reference list , there is a Browser section that allows you to navigate a browser input. As such this can be used in a script also or externally with the web API (httprequest)
burie  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, August 7, 2019 3:32:31 AM(UTC)
burie

Germany

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: doggy Go to Quoted Post
Data Sources is for titles, don't see how you could link a webaddress from a datasource to another type of input (browser)

on the other hand have you checked the Shortcut reference list , there is a Browser section that allows you to navigate a browser input. As such this can be used in a script also or externally with the web API (httprequest)

How does this work? It is one of the things I urgently need. Call a website, especially a PHP-script by pressing a key, a shortkey or anything like this. I don't need a input, the script only writes a XML-file, no visible outputs needed.

I have absolutely no idea about VB.NET scripting and new with vmix... so I would be happy and thankful for any help

And NO... a datasource with these PHP-Script is no option because as datasource these script would be refresh second by second but i need it only ONE time.
doggy  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, August 7, 2019 3:50:08 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Quote:
How does this work? It is one of the things I urgently need. Call a website, especially a PHP-script by pressing a key, a shortkey or anything like this. I don't need a input, the script only writes a XML-file, no visible outputs needed.

As mentioned earlier you could do the same by sending the link/url (via shortcut) to you php script from a browser input (just as you would from your regular browser basically)
or learn a little bit of vb.net in how to send a httprequest containing your link and put that in a vMix script and link that to a shortcut
doggy  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, August 7, 2019 3:59:39 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

If you really want to do that call from within vMix :

browser.JPG (40kb) downloaded 1 time(s).
burie  
#6 Posted : Sunday, August 18, 2019 2:08:57 PM(UTC)
burie

Germany

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: doggy Go to Quoted Post
If you really want to do that call from within vMix :
I know that way to call a website, but if I wanna do two or more things with ONE Shortkey...
I also know to make multiple entries in shortkey list for one key, but I think if one of the entries is "call a website" the other will not be executed.
Anyway... i have found a completely different solution using PHP, so thank you for your help... and this could be closed...