logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
imagebotique  
#1 Posted : Saturday, February 15, 2014 3:14:19 PM(UTC)
imagebotique

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I have a fairly robust machine running vmix and I am feeding the main camera into it with a BMD Intensity Pro card but where I am streaming my event I have no traditional internet service so I am using a iPhone as a hotspot. I know this is not really a reliable or prescribed method but I have been doing it for 3 years now and I am in Tampa Florida with a fast LTE tower right next to me and believe it or not I can stream a 12 hour event without interruption. My problem is this, I have recently purchased 2 Teradek Cube encoders and I would like to ingest feeds from 2 wireless cameras as well, typically you would just put these 2 encoders on the same wireless network you were streaming over and vmix picks them up fine however my wireless network is a iPhone and I don't want to put my stream at risk with the phone handling the stream and serving as a hotspot for 2 ip streams. Any other thoughts on how to get vmix to ingest these 2 wireless cameras?
petraproductions  
#2 Posted : Sunday, February 16, 2014 12:48:49 AM(UTC)
petraproductions

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
We use a cradlepoint router to connect to use our hotspot as a gateway and it also is our main network router interconnecting our encoders, ip cameras, etc.

http://www.cradlepoint.c...cts/routing-and-failover

We use the MBR 1400 without the add on bridge. It connects to wifi hotspots and will use them as a gateway while it maintains the security behind the wall.
SKYGIF  
#3 Posted : Friday, February 21, 2014 7:56:23 PM(UTC)
SKYGIF

Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Which Carrier do you use? Which Plan? How much is the plan per month?
imagebotique  
#4 Posted : Friday, February 21, 2014 8:02:05 PM(UTC)
imagebotique

Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I have been with AT&T for the past few years mostly in Florida. They are consistently the fastest and most reliable. I have tried verizon some and they do t even compare. I usually have around a 15gb plan but change it ocassionally based on how much streaming I am doing. Use a samsung Gs4 and a iPhone 5s. I think the plan now runs around $130 that I have. Believe it or not I have streamed 4 day event 15 hours a day without dropping the webcast a single time on att