logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Svein Slotte  
#1 Posted : Thursday, May 23, 2019 6:05:12 PM(UTC)
Svein Slotte

Groups: Registered

Is it a way through VMIX to make LED buttons blink? Like a blinking red button as recording is in progress?
rudyengels  
#2 Posted : Thursday, May 23, 2019 7:06:26 PM(UTC)
rudyengels

Man
Belgium

Was thanked: 25 time(s) in 18 post(s)
If your midi device supports it, it's possible

Just create an activator, under "Type" choose the kind of button you're using and underneath it you can choose the colour and/or blinking (eg red blinking).

It's documented in the manual...
Svein Slotte  
#3 Posted : Thursday, May 23, 2019 8:42:31 PM(UTC)
Svein Slotte

The device supports it indeed (I can do this manually through Ableton Live). Anyone here who is using blinking LEDs on a Novation Launchpad through Vmix?
RichDanby  
#4 Posted : Thursday, May 23, 2019 10:12:25 PM(UTC)
RichDanby

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 24 post(s)
I don't have a launchpad (yet) but there are programming guides for the Launchpad Mk2 and for the Launchpad. I can't link to them without my message being rejected as spam!

For the launchpad, which seems most similar to the Mini Mk2, you have to send a special value to get it to flash. It doesn't look like these are set up under the type "Novation LED Button" in vMix so I think it will have to be a feature request to get it added.

For the Launchpad Mk2, if you set a colour on channel 2 it will flash between that and black. If you set a colour on channel 1 followed by one on channel 2 it flash between the two. Sending a colour on channel 1 on its own will show that colour and stop any flashing.

then3rdman  
#5 Posted : Friday, May 24, 2019 1:12:40 PM(UTC)
then3rdman

Australia

This was something I played around with a little while ago. My solution was to use Bomes Midi Translator.

https://www.bome.com/products/miditranslator

I used it to intercept a midi message from VMix and forward on the midi message that would make the lights flash or pulse.

It was a fair amount of work and ended up being a little difficult to make any changes two as you would need to remember which colour
in vmix would translate to a particular colour flashing or pulsing.
Svein Slotte  
#6 Posted : Friday, May 24, 2019 9:15:43 PM(UTC)
Svein Slotte

I made a script yesterday, as a workaround, that puts a transparent input as overlay every 0.5 seconds. And turns this overlay on and off. And I made a activator that is looking for the active overlay. It works, but it is a scripting loop, and there are some disadvantages running a script turning overlays on/off. Maybe I should try to get a Launchpad MKII ... :)