logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ebjorno  
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2018 8:12:54 AM(UTC)
ebjorno

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hello, I am the editor and tech guy for a gaming channel on Youtube. We use multicorder for gameplay videos and streams, because I love the possibility of scaling the sources independently in the editing but most importantly because it records the audio separately for later mixing. I know that it is not possible to record stand-alone audio inputs with multicorder, but I am wondering if there is a way to create a "dummy" video input and assign an audio input to this, to make it appear in the multicorder window. For example to record Discord audio as a separate source, so it can be mixed in editing later on. Since I have not found a way to record audio separately, we have to use a second laptop with Discord and OBS to record the voice chat.
desmar  
#2 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2018 10:07:26 AM(UTC)
desmar

Groups: Registered
Man
Canada

Was thanked: 80 time(s) in 60 post(s)
Yes, you can, Select camera input, check off show legacy devices,
select vMix video, then select audio device you want.

This will create a video input with video bars with your selected audio.

Capture.PNG (4kb) downloaded 0 time(s).

Originally Posted by: ebjorno Go to Quoted Post
Hello, I am the editor and tech guy for a gaming channel on Youtube. We use multicorder for gameplay videos and streams, because I love the possibility of scaling the sources independently in the editing but most importantly because it records the audio separately for later mixing. I know that it is not possible to record stand-alone audio inputs with multicorder, but I am wondering if there is a way to create a "dummy" video input and assign an audio input to this, to make it appear in the multicorder window. For example to record Discord audio as a separate source, so it can be mixed in editing later on. Since I have not found a way to record audio separately, we have to use a second laptop with Discord and OBS to record the voice chat.