logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mtnsm.llc  
#41 Posted : Friday, March 4, 2022 2:33:33 AM(UTC)
mtnsm.llc

Groups: Registered
United States

"vMix 25 Preview (25.0.0.10 Beta) is here!

Disclaimer: This is a preview release for those who like to live on the edge! There will still be some bugs, so it should not be used in productions."

Well, I am glad that feature is available, but I can't trust it for 20 pre-game, halftime, and post-game shows.
paco3346  
#42 Posted : Friday, March 4, 2022 2:58:36 AM(UTC)
paco3346

United States

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 31 post(s)
This is a Feature Request thread. You requested a feature and it's being added. Consider my previous post a status update.
thanks 1 user thanked paco3346 for this useful post.
mtnsm.llc on 3/4/2022(UTC)
WaltG12  
#43 Posted : Wednesday, March 9, 2022 2:07:15 PM(UTC)
WaltG12

United States

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 24 post(s)
Originally Posted by: mtnsm.llc Go to Quoted Post
Well, I am glad that feature is available, but I can't trust it for 20 pre-game, halftime, and post-game shows.

Why not?

Several days before you wrote this, it was noted on the very thread that you're quoting that the beta preview updates were now release candidates.

In fact, in the time since you wrote this, there's only been a single update that only changed 3 things, none of which would've likely had an actual negative impact on your production.

And, with no further large bugs reported, that update is slated to become the actual vMix 25 public release.

If you can trust it when it's formally released in its current state, there's no reason you couldn't have trusted this past update, since it's the same thing.

And if you could've trusted this last update, it's extremely unlikely that you couldn't have trusted the prior update--the one in place when you wrote this--since very, very little actually changed.

I genuinely don't understand what there was to not trust.

I also don't understand why you would quote a sentence written at the very beginning of the beta/preview period at a time when it was made very clear that were looking at public release candidates (and, indeed, were only 1 small update away from public release).

If you need a release to have absolutely no bugs whatsoever before you "trust" it, then, well, you're going to be waiting forever, since even vMix 24 still has bugs.

Otherwise, as I said, I don't know what stability you think the public release of vMix 25 (or even the current release of vMix 24) will have that wasn't present in the vMix 25 Preview update 25.0.0.22, which was available (and explicitly stated to be a release candidate) days before you made this comment.
mtnsm.llc  
#44 Posted : Wednesday, March 9, 2022 3:19:16 PM(UTC)
mtnsm.llc

United States

Because I chose not to completely trust it going into 59 televised shows over 6 days. Sorry if I offended you...lol
richardgatarski  
#45 Posted : Wednesday, March 9, 2022 5:23:09 PM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
Well, v25 is now released. Unexpected problems with it MAY happen, although rather unlikely. In my opinion vMix has for many years been extremely stable, in particular given its complexity (and dependence on Windows).

I always extensively try out new versions (and minor updates) before I use them in productions. Not only to ensure that they work for me, but also that eventual workflow changes are familiar for me and my team.
thanks 1 user thanked richardgatarski for this useful post.
mtnsm.llc on 3/10/2022(UTC)
mtnsm.llc  
#46 Posted : Thursday, March 10, 2022 2:53:41 AM(UTC)
mtnsm.llc

United States

First, let me say that I truly appreciate people like you that take the time to test the beta versions, not only for you, but for the rest of us too. This was a brand new show for this league and conference championships and I just didn't feel comfortable upgrading to the new version. I did a work around with a program loop-back into my decklink quad 2 and it is working well for me. Believe me, on Sunday I will be upgrading to vMix 25.

Have a great day and thanks again for your input.

Phil