logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
DDOtoo  
#1 Posted : Friday, December 6, 2013 3:13:44 PM(UTC)
DDOtoo

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hello, I have been tasked to set up a portable video studio at my church, I have researched hard and I am currently left with one major hurdle, what device can best capture 3 or more cameras for use on Vmix? I have looked at Atem TV Studio and was really excited about it but upon watching the tutorial videos however I am under the impression that the output will not give me all cameras streaming independtly unto my computer for vmix to capture them independently. Please correct me if I am wrong. And if I am right then what would you suggest I use to capture multiple cameras into Vmix?

Thank you.
r@wisla  
#2 Posted : Friday, December 6, 2013 5:44:18 PM(UTC)
r@wisla

Man

Was thanked: 40 time(s) in 37 post(s)
DDOtoo wrote:
I have looked at Atem TV Studio and was really excited about it but upon watching the tutorial videos however I am under the impression that the output will not give me all cameras streaming independtly unto my computer for vmix to capture them independently.

You're right.

Atem TV Studio is not a capture device. It's hardware switcher. vMix is software switcher.

There are several multichannel capture cards made by Osprey, Blackmagic Design, Magewell, Yuan...
thanks 1 user thanked r@wisla for this useful post.
DDOtoo on 12/6/2013(UTC)
DDOtoo  
#3 Posted : Friday, December 6, 2013 7:26:46 PM(UTC)
DDOtoo

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
r@wisla wrote:
DDOtoo wrote:
I have looked at Atem TV Studio and was really excited about it but upon watching the tutorial videos however I am under the impression that the output will not give me all cameras streaming independtly unto my computer for vmix to capture them independently.

You're right.

Atem TV Studio is not a capture device. It's hardware switcher. vMix is software switcher.

There are several multichannel capture cards made by Osprey, Blackmagic Design, Magewell, Yuan...

Thank you for that, if you don't mind me asking could you suggest one preferable one that can capture at least 4 cameras at a time?

One again thank you kindly
Damn2Good4U  
#4 Posted : Friday, December 6, 2013 8:41:58 PM(UTC)
Damn2Good4U

Man

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 36 post(s)
DDOtoo wrote:
r@wisla wrote:
DDOtoo wrote:

You're right.

Thank you for that, if you don't mind me asking could you suggest one preferable one that can capture at least 4 cameras at a time?

One again thank you kindly

Magewell card XI204XE will capture 6 cameras - 2 HDs and 4 SDs

See it here http://www.magewell.com/...xe_features.html?lang=en

I have one and it works perfectly with vMix
thanks 1 user thanked Damn2Good4U for this useful post.
DDOtoo on 12/6/2013(UTC)
Troviss  
#5 Posted : Sunday, December 8, 2013 6:22:01 PM(UTC)
Troviss

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I have tested vmix and uses 4 USB cameras simultaneously without problems. I'm surprised that you can run as many cameras and blend between them , without any problems at all. CPU is very low so it is safe to run more if you want .

I bought a USB 7 port hub for a few dollars , which has signal amplification , so I can run with long usb cables. With proper signal amplifier so you can drive with cables that are 328 feet long , but you need the certainly not over 65 - 98 feet in a church.

I'll also build a portable studio for the church and then uses usb mini camera 808 # 16 ( Eletoponline365 is top -rated sellers )

I bought this cameras:
808 #16

I bought 4 pan and tilt platforms of this:
pan and tilt

I control all cameras with small servos for pan and tilt from a controller table from the computer

All 8 servos controlled with 8 servo tester from HobbyKing.
http://www.hobbyking.com...item.asp?idproduct=42010

I bought 5 x 2 = 10 cords of these :
http://www.hobbyking.com...item.asp?idproduct=43753

The cables should be spliced ​​with another cheap 3 conductor cable to the correct length .

You need power to run everything and I do not want to fuss with batteries to be recharged, but I will drive all the servos and servo controllers with a single device. I have calculated that all need approx . 6 volts and 50 amps of power to operate. This should be enough to power everything :
Power for all.

There is of course much better cameras than 808 # 16, but the fact is that these provide equally good picture when I I plug in a Panasonic HD DV camera via firewire . Mobius action cam is the better , but also more expensive. I think it might be good to build up a cheap option at the beginning to try and learn to mix nicely in the recordings and then will do 808 # 16 well .

If you want a really good cameras so there are these :
http://www.jai.com/en/ne...-ccd-cameras-vision-2012

But before you buy usb3 cameras, be shure it is possible to use them in vMix. Good luck with the studio.

thanks 1 user thanked Troviss for this useful post.
DDOtoo on 12/8/2013(UTC)
HWL1223  
#6 Posted : Sunday, December 8, 2013 6:28:28 PM(UTC)
HWL1223

Man

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
does anyone in the US sell Magewell?
r@wisla  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, December 10, 2013 4:14:51 PM(UTC)
r@wisla

Man

Was thanked: 40 time(s) in 37 post(s)
thanks 1 user thanked r@wisla for this useful post.
HWL1223 on 12/10/2013(UTC)