logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
himmatshri  
#1 Posted : Friday, August 3, 2018 10:28:06 PM(UTC)
himmatshri

Groups: Registered

Hi All,
I am new to Vmix software. I am learning Vmix from tutorials and videos. I have few questions. Please anyone of can help me in following queries.
I want to do live streaming of cricket match with two cameras. I have purchased 2 canon vixia HF G21 and Vmix Basic HD software. And I want to operate it from laptop.

1. The cricket ground is too big that the HDMI cable length is 225 meters from one camera to laptop and the other one is 50 meters. What kind of HDMI cable I use? Will I get this long cable or I have to put joints or any kind of connectors.

2. Which capture device is good? As I have seen in Vmix website, there are so many options. As I am still a learner, I am not getting which one should I prefer? But I want capture device with which I can operate 4 cameras.

Your help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks and Regards

Himmat Rajput
SportsNetUSA.net  
#2 Posted : Saturday, August 4, 2018 10:58:19 AM(UTC)
SportsNetUSA.net

Was thanked: 123 time(s) in 115 post(s)
One big factor is what brand/model laptop do you have? If it has a Thunderbolt port, then bringing in video from the two Canon G21 shouldn't be a problem. You need a Thunderbolt capture device with at least 2 inputs. Or you can get an Sonnet or Akitio Thunderbolt enclosure and add your own capture device (see vMix Recommended Hardware). No Thunderbolt port would mean two separate USB capture dongles such as the Magewell USB Capture HDMI Gen 2. Capturing two cameras at 1080p/60 may cause an issue with your laptop.

For the camera that is 50 meters away, you could use an HDBaseT HDMI over CAT5e/CAT6 extender. The 225 meter run will be a bit more challenging. Though you could do it with cabling, you may want to explore a wireless solution. Take a look at the NewTek Connect Spark HDMI, which might be more convenient since it is all in one box.

vMix HD Basic only allows 4 inputs. With 2 cameras, audio from the announcer, that leaves only one more input.
thanks 1 user thanked SportsNetUSA.net for this useful post.
himmatshri on 8/5/2018(UTC)
himmatshri  
#3 Posted : Sunday, August 5, 2018 3:45:22 PM(UTC)
himmatshri

SportsnetUSA.

Thank you for all the information. As I am new to live streaming and I will give a try according to your specifications and will search better device.

Regards.
himmatshri  
#4 Posted : Sunday, August 5, 2018 9:42:38 PM(UTC)
himmatshri

Thank you for the information. It is really helpful. I appreciate it.

I discussed with cricket tournament organizer and they have given me a stand for live streaming in the outer middle of the ground.
Now the cable length is 120 meters for one camera and 120 meters for second camera from laptop.
Please advice me what kind of devices should I use like a good quality HDMI Extender will allow to use CAT5e/6 ethernet cable.

Capture device for 4 cameras. I will use 4 cameras in near future for the events.

Please assist me in this regard.

Kind Regards,
Slaver  
#5 Posted : Monday, August 6, 2018 3:15:21 PM(UTC)
Slaver

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 8 post(s)
I would convert the HDMI Camera to HD-SDI first. With good quality HD-SDI cable you can send the signal 120m without problems.

For laptops i prefer the YUAN UB5A0 N4 Hybrid USB3. 4 SDI Inputs on one single USB 3.0 Port. Have it myself running 1,5 years without any problems.

http://shop.jmc.se/en/jm...b5a0-n4-hybrid-usb3.html
thanks 1 user thanked Slaver for this useful post.
himmatshri on 8/7/2018(UTC)