logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
bartrycharski  
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 22, 2016 4:37:26 PM(UTC)
bartrycharski

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hi guys!

I have goosebumps, hope not be treated like a spam but I would love to share with you effect of 30 days of my work this holiday - I did online course about how to live stream (https://www.udemy.com/how-to-live-stream). Maybe you will be interested in join (there are already 17 people).

I regularly teach during workshops about how to live stream for freelance producers and small companies, I was thinking that creating online course that organize some basic knowledge and compare different solutions in objective way will be valuable.

I mention vMix there as a great alternative to Wirecast.

If you have any feedback, I will be more than happy to learn from it and improve!

Best regards!
Bart
thanks 1 user thanked bartrycharski for this useful post.
sinc747 on 9/22/2016(UTC)
kdvberg  
#2 Posted : Friday, September 23, 2016 8:52:20 AM(UTC)
kdvberg

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Hi Bart,

This looks interesting. Do you cover any of the licensing needed to live stream performed music? Our church is looking to live stream but I know we have a lot to learn. Would your course help us out?

Kevin
bartrycharski  
#3 Posted : Friday, September 23, 2016 2:11:30 PM(UTC)
bartrycharski

Hi Kevin!

Interesting question! :) In Poland where I live, live streaming from churches is just starting up but in US it's probably huge, something that even empower the industry.

I don't have experience in streaming from churches but IMO basic mechanics, gear and software are similar to streaming from other events, like conferences. The difference is probably in cams, there is probably bigger adoption of PTZ cams. But I think you will benefit from the course a lot because I cover there A-Z knowledge + lots of practical and universal tips. It's great for beginners.

Regarding your question, you should ask a lawyer whether broadcasting music you are thinking about has some licensing issues. But I can give you one technical advice - avoid streaming to YouTube LIVE. You should rather choose StreamShark, Wowza Cloud or Dacast. Why? Well, YouTube has some software in the background that detects when you stream music under copyright and if yes then it can shut off your stream. It happened to a friend of mine once when he was broadcasting to 5000+ people... It was a huge surprise and lesson so I share it with everyone who is thinking about YouTube LIVE as live video platform.

Hope it helps :) If you have more questions, feel free to ask!

Best regards!
- Bart
thanks 1 user thanked bartrycharski for this useful post.
kdvberg on 9/24/2016(UTC)
sinc747  
#4 Posted : Friday, September 23, 2016 6:29:56 PM(UTC)
sinc747

Man
United States

Was thanked: 196 time(s) in 162 post(s)
kdvberg wrote:
Do you cover any of the licensing needed to live stream performed music? Our church is looking to live stream but I know we have a lot to learn.

Kevin

@ Kevin - Take a look at the CCLI Stream license. It's probably what you need.

- Tom
thanks 1 user thanked sinc747 for this useful post.
bartrycharski on 9/24/2016(UTC)
kdvberg  
#5 Posted : Saturday, September 24, 2016 8:06:40 AM(UTC)
kdvberg

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
@ tom - thanks that is helpful

@ Bart, I will review your course and possible take it. Thanks for the thoughtful reply.
NiBTour  
#6 Posted : Thursday, September 29, 2016 12:57:21 AM(UTC)
NiBTour

Man
United States

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 17 post(s)
bartrycharski wrote:
Hi guys!

I have goosebumps, hope not be treated like a spam but I would love to share with you effect of 30 days of my work this holiday - I did online course about how to live stream (https://www.udemy.com/how-to-live-stream). Maybe you will be interested in join (there are already 17 people).

I regularly teach during workshops about how to live stream for freelance producers and small companies, I was thinking that creating online course that organize some basic knowledge and compare different solutions in objective way will be valuable.

I mention vMix there as a great alternative to Wirecast.

If you have any feedback, I will be more than happy to learn from it and improve!

Best regards!
Bart

i'm new to the game and have been learning the hard way so i'll do it and tell you what i think from a newbie
bartrycharski  
#7 Posted : Thursday, September 29, 2016 6:42:13 AM(UTC)
bartrycharski

Hi @NiBTour!

I also have been learning a heard way :) I think we all do! However, in the course I'm teaching also about my mistakes and how to avoid it so can learn from my pain ;)) If you have any questions related to your projects, let me know and I will try to help!
alex159753  
#8 Posted : Friday, March 27, 2020 11:58:09 PM(UTC)
alex159753

United Kingdom

Interesting !!

thanks
Alex