logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
richard_tricky  
#1 Posted : Sunday, July 22, 2018 3:20:44 AM(UTC)
richard_tricky

Groups: Registered

hiya, is anyone else having problems getting a response from vmix support,

I have the full licensed version and have had a few issues but none of them seem to be answered.

Does anyone have an idea whats going on?

Thanks

Rich
admin  
#2 Posted : Sunday, July 22, 2018 7:36:26 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4162 time(s) in 1495 post(s)
Hi Richard,

We have found an email from a week ago that was closed accidentally.
Apologies for this, I will follow up via email now.

Regards,

Martin
vMix
kgoodyer  
#3 Posted : Sunday, July 22, 2018 9:38:23 AM(UTC)
kgoodyer

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 53 time(s) in 27 post(s)
I also sent an e-mail through the support web page, and didn't get a response (and I have 4 licences, and just about to buy 3 more). I would just like a 'Yep we can look at that issue' or 'No, it cant been done'. I am now writing my own code to try and get round the issue that only the first 2 axis of the Gamepads are detected by the shortcut 'find' function.

Every other application I have that uses a Gamepads automatically detects how many buttons and how many axis controllers a controller has, so when I got my client to spend £20,000 on vMix systems, and PTZoptics cameras, I just presumed vMix would do the same, but unfortunately it appears to only detect the first two (x & Y) axis of each actuator. I don't need the position values, just the fact that the actuator has been activated as you do with X & Y. i.e something like JoystickAxis3DownA, JoyStickAxis3UpA,JoyStickAxis3CenterA.

Not complaining, because I know how hard you guys work but a simple yes/no could save me a lot of stress learning how to code this up externally (Working the weekend and wife is not happy). Been at it since Friday morning, got my code reading as many axis as a controller has (mine has 6 in total but only using 3). Now just to figure out how to translate those into API commands to fire off to vMix API or interface directly into the PTZoptics API.

Would be much neater if vMix could detect and read them nativity.

Keith
admin  
#4 Posted : Sunday, July 22, 2018 11:00:26 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Hi Keith,

We don't have any records of a support email coming through from the site unfortunately, did you use a different email?

But you are correct, only the first two axis of any controller will be detected. The primary use case
for this feature is the X-Box controller which only has two (plus the D-Pad).

Regards,

Martin
vMix
spencerm24  
#5 Posted : Sunday, July 22, 2018 2:20:58 PM(UTC)
spencerm24

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 17 post(s)
vMix support has been nothing short of excellent with my requests, Martin and his team have been able to diagnose my issues and resolve them in good time, these issues above are most likely the odd outliers, and not the majority of cases.
kgoodyer  
#6 Posted : Sunday, July 22, 2018 4:00:55 PM(UTC)
kgoodyer

Man
United Kingdom

Hiya

That's very odd, definitely posted it using your online form on 17th July @ 9:18am according to my browser history. Only have the one e-mail address for professional communications. No worries, however could I get an answer if this is likely to be looked at?

I did point out in the missing mail that if it had been looked at, I would have purchased 3 copies of vMix 4K yesterday (Friday), and another 5 copies over the next 60 days - currently I am now in the position of wondering if I will still have a job on Monday as this project was supposed to have been launched on Friday - which is why I am frantically trying to write my own code to do it.

It never dawned on me when I put the spec together that only two of the six axis in PC game controllers would be supported, as every other key, button, and device seems to be supported - some I have never even heard of. I even tested the x/y on our controllers to check they were compatible with vMix a few month's back but didn't try every function as our controllers have 30 buttons (which all work with Vmix), and 2 x 3-Axis Controllers.

I have got them using a couple of buttons to zoom in and out, but as all the Camera Operators (12 operators in 3 shifts of 4 controlling 22 heads) learnt to 'fly' using the Sony VISCA controllers (which don't work with PTZoptics VISCA cameras) they are already complaining bitterly as this prevents them tracking fast moving objects.

Not sure how they can have a standard called VISCA and then not be compatible between different manufactures devices.

The PTZoptics controllers themselves have a life time of about 90 days in our environment, as they are based on a very cheep Chinese design (they only cost $100 when purchase directly from the Chinese manufacture) and were only designed for pretty non-demanding CCTV applications. I have a box of about 10 broken ones, always the same, the joysticks themselves just ware out.

Also half of my cameras are Sony BRC-Z330's and half PTZoptics, and I need 'control' compatibility across the entire platform. That's where vMix comes in as it can communicate with both Sony & PTZoptics cameras in the same system - Well done Martin for that piece of interface gold!!!

So the question is... Can it be fixed, and what sort of time frame.

Keith
kgoodyer  
#7 Posted : Sunday, July 22, 2018 5:53:55 PM(UTC)
kgoodyer

Man
United Kingdom

p.s wasn't being rude when I posted here, was surprised I hadn't a reply, and when I saw Richard was having issues was concerned that either your support system had gone down, or worse you or Tim had gone down.

Keith
admin  
#8 Posted : Sunday, July 22, 2018 9:55:18 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

Hi,

There are no plans to add support for additional axis at this time, so I would suggest submitting a feature request noting the particular model
of your controller.

Regards,

Martin
vMix