logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

48 Pages«<3435363738>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Joeboe  
#701 Posted : Wednesday, May 26, 2021 12:40:48 AM(UTC)
Joeboe

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 31 post(s)
Thank you Richard, it works, just did it just to make sure it will.....I just love this app.....now I can show more on my friends....
MCPLive  
#702 Posted : Friday, May 28, 2021 5:47:41 AM(UTC)
MCPLive

United States

Love the product. When I found Panel Builder I sold my stream deck! I am having a problem making the timer work. See attached. Capture.PNG (2,970kb) downloaded 11 time(s).
raugert  
#703 Posted : Friday, May 28, 2021 6:10:41 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

Was thanked: 309 time(s) in 176 post(s)
Originally Posted by: MCPLive Go to Quoted Post
Love the product. When I found Panel Builder I sold my stream deck! I am having a problem making the timer work. See attached. Capture.PNG (2,970kb) downloaded 11 time(s).

It appears that you used the brackets {} . Enter the time without the brackets. They were added in the User Guide to show the format. It's maybe confusing..
JW  
#704 Posted : Sunday, May 30, 2021 6:00:58 AM(UTC)
JW

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
I cannot edit my preset anymore, the edit info box is visible in the tray, but it is out of the range of my screen.
When this happens with PB itself I can bring it back with ctrl-l, but how do I bring back the edit box?

(the Shift key / right-click /move trick for lost windows doesn't work)
Joeboe  
#705 Posted : Sunday, May 30, 2021 8:07:16 AM(UTC)
Joeboe

Try turning off full screen on vMix, and try the move thing again...
raugert  
#706 Posted : Sunday, May 30, 2021 10:34:57 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

@JW

This may happen when the template was designed on a computer with a larger screen. Some users have had similar issues. This will be fixed in the next update.

Try this as a workaround:

Open your template
Open the Prefs and set the Desktop Size to 1300 x 700 (make sure to hit return in the width and height fields to properly resize the window)
Click "Save as default Preferences"
Close Panel Builder app
Re-open Panel Builder and select your template.
The Edit window should now appear somewhere in the middle of your template

cheers,
Richard
thanks 1 user thanked raugert for this useful post.
JW on 5/31/2021(UTC)
JW  
#707 Posted : Monday, May 31, 2021 12:51:34 AM(UTC)
JW

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Thanks!

How about my '2-tally colors for input buttons' feature request of a year ago:

When an input is in preview the tally color lights up.
It would be great if the tally color turns to red when the input goes to program.

You ansered:

This would be somewhat difficult and mostly confusing because in vMix, Tallies are not only related to Preview and Program. For instance, buttons that control Audio on/off can also tally. I would suspect that the Atem Mini and other Atem switchers might do this for simplicity and to save a row of buttons. The buttons are dedicated to a specific function.

What you are asking for is to have "special buttons" that would respond to only Preview/Program commands. That's a whole other can of worms :) I'll have to think about that one...

Did you thought about it :)
MCPLive  
#708 Posted : Tuesday, June 1, 2021 9:08:24 PM(UTC)
MCPLive

United States

I did one that did not have the brackets {}. It still does not work. Does it only work on some commands? I did one using the "startrecording" command since it was mentioned in the help doc and it still does not work.
raugert  
#709 Posted : Tuesday, June 1, 2021 11:11:44 PM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

The timer should work on any command. You have 14:35:00 pm which is a mixture of 12/24 hour format. The time must be in 12 hour format. It should actually be 2:35:00 pm. I'll make that more clear in the help doc.

You should also avoid entering unrecognized info in the button. For example, the "StartRecording" command should not have anything in the Input field. In this case it doesn't make any difference, but it might for some other commands.

Hopefully that works for you :)

Richard
MCPLive  
#710 Posted : Tuesday, June 1, 2021 11:36:54 PM(UTC)
MCPLive

United States

It might be easier if I just state the problem. We have a countdown clock video that we start, along with starting the stream at 5 minutes before we go live. Right now we need to watch the clock to start the process right on time. To do that what kind of button(s) do we need and where do we put the timer. Right now our "Start" button starts a dynamic script.
raugert  
#711 Posted : Monday, June 7, 2021 5:38:08 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

Originally Posted by: MCPLive Go to Quoted Post
It might be easier if I just state the problem. We have a countdown clock video that we start, along with starting the stream at 5 minutes before we go live. Right now we need to watch the clock to start the process right on time. To do that what kind of button(s) do we need and where do we put the timer. Right now our "Start" button starts a dynamic script.

sorry for the late reply ..

You should be able to add the timer to your "Start" button that runs the Dynamic script. You can use any of the button type (Coloured, Clear, Icon). Note that the button will not tally when using scripts because it would not know what command to react to. Having said that you can stack a couple of buttons to get accomplish a tally. Use either a Colored or Icon button but not Clear buttons.

Make the bottom button tally on a specific command. For example on the "StartStopStreaming" command. Set that button as a "Passive" button, so that it doesn't trigger a command when pressed. Choose your tally color.

Put another on top of the last one. That would be your "StartScriptDynamic" button with your appropriate script. Uncheck "Opaque" on this button so that the bottom button shows through when tallied. Now when you press the button, your script will run and the bottom button will indicate when you are streaming.

As an example, I've attached an example that indicates when you are "recording". You can change the bottom button to reflect when you are streaming or any other condition..

cheers,
Richard

Stacked buttons with script.vmpb.zip (1kb) downloaded 10 time(s).
Joeboe on 6/7/2021(UTC)
Joeboe  
#712 Posted : Monday, June 7, 2021 12:18:59 PM(UTC)
Joeboe

Hi Richard, I have a simple question, ..cannot if I asked this before, but can a tablet with Panel Builder be connected other than via wifi...such as via a usb cable, or bluetooth
raugert  
#713 Posted : Monday, June 7, 2021 2:22:59 PM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

The Tablet and iPad apps use wifi only for syncing templates and controlling vMix.
Narcogen  
#714 Posted : Monday, June 7, 2021 11:01:59 PM(UTC)
Narcogen

Man
United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
If you connect an iPad to wired ethernet via a Lightning-ethernet adapter and then turn off wifi, this connection will work in Panel Builder both for syncing templates and controlling Vmix.

The iPad can also have the network connection of a Mac shared to it over bluetooth or USB, which might also work, but I believe in this case the Mac performs NAT which I would expect to prevent the iPad from seeing the computer running Vmix on the network.
diegoju  
#715 Posted : Saturday, June 12, 2021 1:47:10 PM(UTC)
diegoju

Argentina

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hello. First of all, thank you for sharing this extraordinary tool. I have a little problem. When opening a template that was saved in read mode, many buttons (mostly with scripts) stop working.
Faders ok. The file saved as Controller works 100% ok. Could you help me?
Thanks!
Diego
raugert  
#716 Posted : Sunday, June 13, 2021 7:54:33 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

Hi Diego

That is unusual. Can you send me your template at info@studio793.ca so that I can have a look at it. I can’t seem to duplicate your issue

Thanks,
Richard
diegoju on 6/15/2021(UTC)
diegoju  
#717 Posted : Tuesday, June 15, 2021 12:23:32 AM(UTC)
diegoju

Argentina

Thanks Richard! I have already sent you an email.
I take this opportunity to ask you about one configuration that I have not been able to do yet.
I want to control via fader the audio level of a particular channel of an SDI video input (8 CH.). It's possible?
At the moment I only managed to set a fixed volume level for each channel, no fader (via "SetVolumeChannelMixer").
Thanks a lot!
Regards.
D.
raugert  
#718 Posted : Tuesday, June 15, 2021 5:41:40 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

Originally Posted by: diegoju Go to Quoted Post

I want to control via fader the audio level of a particular channel of an SDI video input (8 CH.). It's possible?
At the moment I only managed to set a fixed volume level for each channel, no fader (via "SetVolumeChannelMixer").

The ''SetVolumeMixerChannel'' command is not currently functional in the Panel Builder App. That command requires two separate values in the Value field which I didn't originally account for.. I'll see if I can fix that for the next update.
diegoju on 6/15/2021(UTC)
Giox90  
#719 Posted : Tuesday, June 22, 2021 10:51:04 PM(UTC)
Giox90

Italy

Hello I've encountered an issue on vmix panel builder

i've vmix with PRO license and update to the v24

I've wrote some scripts within the builder with scriptstartdymanic command but in the vmix nothing is happening.
I've tested the script within the vmix app ( scripts tab ) and they work easly.
I've tested manually the script with separating button each task and they work, so i guess there's a problem with the script execution from the builder/app and vmix, it could be the new version of vmix?

Does anyone experienced this?

PS: the builder panel is correctly connected to vmix no firewall rules between them.

Regards
Joeboe  
#720 Posted : Wednesday, June 23, 2021 12:07:06 AM(UTC)
Joeboe

I don't see why they should not work, but try this.....Open Panel Builder, and the buttons that do not work , try doing this....Click on 'EDIT', select those buttons that are not working, right click on each, and select 'Bring to front',( make sure that the 'Button" is selected, and not anything that is near,) save, and then try them....I made a few errors like that before, maybe the same thing is happening with you.