logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

48 Pages«<2526272829>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
charleymackley  
#521 Posted : Friday, October 30, 2020 7:27:36 PM(UTC)
charleymackley

Groups: Registered
United Kingdom

Hey hey,

Absolutely love Panel builder great work :)

We are using it on an AWS system and since the new build we seem to not be able to open panel builder files unless we have admin access which unfortunately is not possible for some of our users. Is this an issue other people have come across? Trying to isolate whether its something else within our system or a permissions design in the app.

Currently our workaround has been to place the app out of a folder with admin only read and write access and then people can open panel builder files as normal. For us this wasn't an issue before version 4.0.20 (but we have changed other things in our environment that could be the cause).

Thanks again for the amazing program
raugert  
#522 Posted : Saturday, October 31, 2020 1:07:34 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

Was thanked: 309 time(s) in 176 post(s)
The Panel Builder does not manage permissions and the file structure has not changed since 4.0.20. However, the users must have 'write' permissions to the folder in which the Panel Builder application resides. This is also where the prefs and userIcons are stored.

This is not usually an issue for individuals using the app on their own systems, but it seems like more and more folks are using the app in a server environment. I will probably change the file structure in future releases in order to accommodate this.

cheers,
Richard
thanks 1 user thanked raugert for this useful post.
charleymackley on 11/9/2020(UTC)
josephstracuzzi  
#523 Posted : Friday, November 6, 2020 5:35:12 AM(UTC)
josephstracuzzi

Canada

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Sorry if this has been asked:

Is there a way to use a single panel to control multiple IP addressed vMix machines? (Example, main/backup, english/french)?
thanks 1 user thanked josephstracuzzi for this useful post.
migrif on 11/6/2020(UTC)
raugert  
#524 Posted : Saturday, November 7, 2020 12:01:57 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

Panel Builder can only control one vMix IP. However, it can also send commands to BitFocus, which in turn can control vMix. That would give you control of a second machine.

cheers,
Richard
clc  
#525 Posted : Monday, November 9, 2020 12:48:21 AM(UTC)
clc

United States

Just found this thread. What a great add on. We use vMix 4k at our church and volunteers are intimidated by the vMix interface. I thought Panel Builder would help with this but I see that at startup it actually adds to the workload of the volunteer. In addition to getting vMix up and running they would now have to start the Panel Builder and an NDI monitor. This would work if I was at every service to get things started but I am a volunteer too.

I guess it is a lot to ask but I wish the vMix team would make this type of customization as a selectable interface option.

Keith
MickeyMJJ  
#526 Posted : Monday, November 9, 2020 1:52:41 AM(UTC)
MickeyMJJ

France

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Hello raugert,

I guess there is no change to see the application arrive on Android 4.x ?

I have some old tablets to recycle ^^
raugert  
#527 Posted : Monday, November 9, 2020 3:01:34 PM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

Google no longer supports Android 4.x as of March 2020. The app will only run on Android 5.0 Lollipop or newer.

sorry,
Richard
thanks 1 user thanked raugert for this useful post.
MickeyMJJ on 11/9/2020(UTC)
charleymackley  
#528 Posted : Monday, November 9, 2020 9:00:48 PM(UTC)
charleymackley

United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: raugert Go to Quoted Post
The Panel Builder does not manage permissions and the file structure has not changed since 4.0.20. However, the users must have 'write' permissions to the folder in which the Panel Builder application resides. This is also where the prefs and userIcons are stored.

This is not usually an issue for individuals using the app on their own systems, but it seems like more and more folks are using the app in a server environment. I will probably change the file structure in future releases in order to accommodate this.

cheers,
Richard

Hey Richard,

Thank you ever so much for your speedy reply and possibly being able to accomodate going forward.

Thanks again for an awesome application.
MickeyMJJ  
#529 Posted : Monday, November 9, 2020 9:30:09 PM(UTC)
MickeyMJJ

France

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Originally Posted by: raugert Go to Quoted Post
Google no longer supports Android 4.x as of March 2020. The app will only run on Android 5.0 Lollipop or newer.

sorry,
Richard

That's okay, thanks for your work on Panel builder ;)
westis  
#530 Posted : Tuesday, November 10, 2020 5:37:31 AM(UTC)
westis

Sweden

Fantastic app!

Has anyone used vMix Panel on Chromebook? The buttons are quite unresponsive and I often have to tap a button several times before it reacts and vMix updates.

I know Richard is working on better Android support also in terms of resolution (I use a Chromebook with 1920x1080) and the workaround to create a desktop panel first and add an x at the end of the file extension to make it a tablet panel with custom resolution works great.

But I'm a bit worried about the responsiveness, as it would be too risky in a live production.

I've tried not only with wifi, but also with both vMix PC and Chromebook laptop connected to network with cable.

vMix own shortcuts generally are much more responsive.
Joeboe  
#531 Posted : Tuesday, November 10, 2020 6:31:05 AM(UTC)
Joeboe

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 31 post(s)
In a case like that, why not use multiple monitors on the vmix pc, and place the Panel Builder on one of the monitors.....What I do, is make the input monitors as big as is possible, so I can see the focus clearly, and place the Panel Builder on top of the Preview window...I use this method with a single monitor, and have NO issues...except I have to use the mouse, since I do not have a touch screen....or use a laptop for Panel Builder...

works for me....
westis  
#532 Posted : Tuesday, November 10, 2020 7:23:16 AM(UTC)
westis

Sweden

Originally Posted by: Joeboe Go to Quoted Post
In a case like that, why not use multiple monitors on the vmix pc, and place the Panel Builder on one of the monitors.....What I do, is make the input monitors as big as is possible, so I can see the focus clearly, and place the Panel Builder on top of the Preview window...I use this method with a single monitor, and have NO issues...except I have to use the mouse, since I do not have a touch screen....or use a laptop for Panel Builder...

works for me....

Yeah, I've been thinking about that, but wanted to use a touchscreen to avoid having to use a mouse, for quicker access. And also wanted to use a second vMix PC monitor for multi-view. But yeah, definitely an option, although then more similar to using vMix itself.

Joeboe  
#533 Posted : Tuesday, November 10, 2020 11:47:43 AM(UTC)
Joeboe

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 31 post(s)
I never had any issues using a mouse, but touch screen would be easier, so, in that case, use a laptop with touch screen ...If you do a good layout of your buttons in Panel Builder, you will find a mouse to be quite easy to use...unless you have so many inputs that you have an issue locating the ones you want.....I build my presets to resemble a hardware switcher, and since I am used to that, I find it very easy, and I do not worry about a multiview screen....as that is limited to 8 inputs...for video clips, I have a playlist, and for title overlays, I have a list as well, so I only have one window for clips, and one for titles...in that way, I can cycle through the lists and select what I need.........I see layouts of vmix where there is a seperate input for each clip, and the same for titles....that creates too many input windows, and that is where many vmix users have issues...

BRebels  
#534 Posted : Friday, November 13, 2020 5:30:25 AM(UTC)
BRebels

United States

Anyone experiencing issues when trying to edit?
The font for edit will turn red but no pop up box.
I can only create or clone a button,cannot edit a button.
raugert  
#535 Posted : Friday, November 13, 2020 5:39:05 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

This is unusual and the first time I hear of that issue. What platform and OS are you using (Windows, Mac) ? Is this the first time you install the application ?
BRebels  
#536 Posted : Friday, November 13, 2020 5:44:34 AM(UTC)
BRebels

United States

Mac OSX 10.15.7
Ive been using Panel Builder 4.0.25 with no issues until now.
In fact I have soome builds Ive been tweaking all day. Then out of the blue this issue.
One build i tried to open told me I had to update to 3.0.12 or newer(Lime Green Page pop up)
raugert  
#537 Posted : Friday, November 13, 2020 5:52:49 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

This could be related to Mac OS Catalina. Apple randomly decides to add additional security enhancements, which is making it difficult for app developers to keep up :(

I will PM you a possible fix...

Richard
ThommiTechnik  
#538 Posted : Friday, November 20, 2020 2:13:52 AM(UTC)
ThommiTechnik

Man
Switzerland

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Hi Richard,

love your work. And I'm building at the moment a comfortable solution for my "smaller" productions, whre I'm going out with just a iMac Pro (i9), and a TB3-Interface with Decklink Quad 2, to connect my Sony HXC100s, and computer stuff.

And I'm having the same issue on the computer I'm developing and using VPB, like some others before. When doing multiple pages, like one for mixer, second for setting up multiviews, third for audio, and so on, suddenly elemnts I'm creating are also created on the other pages. And no chance to delete them, without deleting the "main" use.
It's a MS Surface Pro 7, because of Touchscreen possibility, using Windows 10 Pro 20H2.

Any hint, what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks, and best regards from Zurich,
Thomas
raugert  
#539 Posted : Friday, November 20, 2020 3:43:19 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

There appears to be a bug when "cloning" objects from one page to another under certain conditions.

But I can't duplicate your issue where it creates duplicate objects on other pages. I will do some further testing.
CamStol  
#540 Posted : Friday, November 20, 2020 11:19:31 AM(UTC)
CamStol

Canada

@peixe @DWAM

Thank you for sharing your designs with this community. They are an inspiration to me.

@peixe

Thank you for offering your tablet panel with icons. This is an excellent time-saver. By any chance is a Desktop version available for the four panels?

@DWAN

Thank you for sharing your audio design. I admire your motivation to set your audio operator up for success. We are in a similar position, using very few resources to accomplish grand production goals. By any chance is a desktop panel version available to be shared with the community?