logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
kozaka  
#1 Posted : Sunday, March 25, 2018 7:40:10 AM(UTC)
kozaka

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi!

It would be great if this tool could also support the Elgato Stream Deck equipment.

Thanx
thanks 1 user thanked kozaka for this useful post.
sateran on 5/22/2018(UTC)
Barney Box Lane  
#2 Posted : Sunday, March 25, 2018 6:43:16 PM(UTC)
Barney Box Lane

Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 29 post(s)
just to check you've seen it, you know you can apply shortcuts in vmix to keyboard keys to carry out every function - then on the streamdeck you can apply hotkeys assigned to the keyboard buttons and it will work when vmix is the main window
thanks 1 user thanked Barney Box Lane for this useful post.
kozaka on 3/27/2018(UTC)
kozaka  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, March 27, 2018 9:10:48 PM(UTC)
kozaka

Barney Box Lane wrote:
just to check you've seen it, you know you can apply shortcuts in vmix to keyboard keys to carry out every function - then on the streamdeck you can apply hotkeys assigned to the keyboard buttons and it will work when vmix is the main window

Sure this works, but I would like to have a real integration as other tools do, like Game Capture, Mixer, OBS Studio, Stream Labs, Twitch, Xsplit, youtube, etc.
kozaka  
#4 Posted : Monday, April 30, 2018 10:19:22 AM(UTC)
kozaka

kozaka wrote:
Barney Box Lane wrote:

Sure this works, but I would like to have a real integration as other tools do, like Game Capture, Mixer, OBS Studio, Stream Labs, Twitch, Xsplit, youtube, etc.

Here is a screen shot what I meant. This means "only" that Stream Deck should know and work together with vMix.
kozaka attached the following image(s):
stream_deck.PNG (70kb) downloaded 3 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
r5dad  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, May 1, 2018 8:46:02 AM(UTC)
r5dad

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Until this feature is implemented to the extent you requested, the Web API Functions in vMix work perfectly in the Website button (click the Access in background checkbox)*. And you can create keyboard hotkeys in vMix that work perfectly with Hotkey Switch, and Hotkey buttons in the stream deck. Granted vMix will not detect directly pressed buttons, but it will work.

Not exactly what you are wanting, but still fully functional. It's what I use, however my streamdeck is on a different system than my vMix system, so I can't use any integrations with any applications.

Hope this helps

Jon

* = in the latest release of streamdeck's application, the "Access in background" is not functioning. A ticket has been opened, but if you use version 2.2.0.5165 it works just fine.
sateran  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, May 22, 2018 7:47:14 PM(UTC)
sateran

+1 It would be awesome
doggy  
#7 Posted : Friday, May 25, 2018 4:50:59 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 916 time(s) in 755 post(s)
kozaka wrote:
Hi!

It would be great if this tool could also support the Elgato Stream Deck equipment.

Thanx

Maybe , maybe not as in preprogrammed options as it would be hard to incorporate all of vMix shortcuts so it's a good thing to know how to create your own buttons anyway as has been mentioned in how before (hotkey and/or website buttons)

Have been using it for 4 days intensivly during a production , often reprogramming it on the fly and all went perfectly , be it i prefer the Website button over the Hotkey one for the simple fact that our vMix window isnt always the active one (or used from remote computer)