logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Javier  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 21, 2018 11:15:48 AM(UTC)
Javier

Groups: Registered

Hi, first of all sorry about my english. I'm having some troubles adding a camera input trough an hdmi splitter (i use the splitter to duplicate the signal from a Sony Handycam to a field monitor and to the capture device at the same time). The thing is when i add the camera, an error message appears "AddNewInput. The following are supported: 1920x540". There is no issue when i work with the capture device software (ElGato), where i can see the video signal fine. So i'm sure there the problem only has to do with Vmix. The camera connects fine without the splitter, but it seems the splitter divide the signal from 1920x1080 to 1920x540 and Vmix goes crazy with it. Please help!
mjgraves  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 21, 2018 9:37:52 PM(UTC)
mjgraves

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 263 time(s) in 233 post(s)
The fact that it reports the video as 1920x540 tells you that something in the signal chain doesn't support interlaced video. That's why it reports half the vertical resolution.

Which El gato capture device? CamLink did not support 1080i until very recently. It requires a firmware update installed via the El Gato capture software to support 1080i sources.