logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
h2video.nl  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2013 11:56:47 AM(UTC)
h2video.nl

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 45 time(s) in 39 post(s)
hi martin, i use an avermedia game broadcaster hd card because i can use it for hdmi capture of a camera and because i can use it to capture vga. this as an alternative for the desktop capture, which i prefer. but in some live situations with presenters using their own laptops and a lot of different computers and apple etc i use a vga splitter and record the vga signal of the powerpoint directly.

i also can use a usb frame grabber but this is only interlaced and it is expensive. but with that i can set it to grab a certain framerate.

the game broadcaster is working great as an alternative, but i can only use it as a capture, so i will get the vga signal as 60 hz or fps. ( i can not set the vga to a lower frequency...) if i set the system to 60i 30p then all is well but with my cameras on standard 50i 25p PAL i get a lot of resync on the vga capture.

is it possible to have the input work like a grabber, only grabbing a frame every 5 seconds or so (selectable), or even better only grabbing a frame when the input has changed a certain percentage. the image can be recorded as an image.

do i need to worry when all the resyncing is being done or can i ignore this?

stefan
h2video.nl  
#2 Posted : Friday, September 13, 2013 1:48:29 AM(UTC)
h2video.nl

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 45 time(s) in 39 post(s)
hi martin, will vmix 10.1 address and resolve this issue? or can i ignore the resincing. before i could chose to enable running all inputs at the systems framerte or not. i can not find this setting anymore.

greetings
stefan