logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
spencerm24  
#1 Posted : Saturday, December 23, 2017 8:42:53 PM(UTC)
spencerm24

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 17 post(s)
I know this is most likely a noob question, but after going through the manual and trial and error, I'm at a loss.

Here's what I want to do for replay.

Have keyboard shortcuts for different events, for example, a home team goal, the button would take a 10 second clip, and save it as event 1. But a visiting team goal it takes a 10 second clip and saves to event 2.

I know how to make the 10 second clips, with MarkInOutLive shortcut, but how do I get it to save to the right event, so if later on, I want to see a playlist of all the Home team goals, I go to event 1, and play all.
ask  
#2 Posted : Sunday, December 24, 2017 1:00:37 AM(UTC)
ask

Australia

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 181 post(s)
This is not how the replay works. You will need to add tags to the clip to identify home and away teams. However you can move clips to different lists. It may be possibe (I haven't tried it yet but will) to set the tag via a shortcut (ReplaySetLastEventText) and then select the list (ReplaySelectEvents1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) after moving the clip (ReplayMoveLastEvent)

My thinking is that you would stack the shortcut with multiple commands https://www.vmix.com/hel...m?MultipleShortcuts.html

Have a play with that and lets us know how you get on.
spencerm24  
#3 Posted : Sunday, December 24, 2017 2:52:10 AM(UTC)
spencerm24

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 17 post(s)
ask wrote:
This is not how the replay works. You will need to add tags to the clip to identify home and away teams. However you can move clips to different lists. It may be possibe (I haven't tried it yet but will) to set the tag via a shortcut (ReplaySetLastEventText) and then select the list (ReplaySelectEvents1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) after moving the clip (ReplayMoveLastEvent)

My thinking is that you would stack the shortcut with multiple commands https://www.vmix.com/hel...m?MultipleShortcuts.html

Have a play with that and lets us know how you get on.

I think I understand what you're getting at.

Save clip, set text as HOME GOAL
Select events 2
then
MoveLastEvent

What this does if I understand is rename the clip, then move it to another list. Am I on the right path?

I come from a traditional broadcast environment, and this replay system is a little foreign to me in how it works, so I'm trying to make the crossover.