logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
pasingshot  
#1 Posted : Friday, November 24, 2017 5:10:29 AM(UTC)
pasingshot

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hi guys! I upgraded to vMix 20 two weeks ago and since I updated the audio output of vMix is ​​distorted. I have done tests of different types and it always comes out distorted, I have come to the conclusion that it is vMix because if I use the external output and I use it with OBS the audio of the Team Speak leaves without distortion to the air however if I do not use the OBS all the audio is distorted.

I have not made any changes to the audio configuration, in fact the audio in my headphones is clean and correct. I am using an HD60 PRO capture card from Elgato Gaming and as I said before the audio in my headphones is perfect but when going on the air it is distorted, the same thing happens to me when I put a video in vMix, in my headphones it sounds good but on air It is distorted.

Something I do not understand well is why the audio of my microphone that is heard through vMix is ​​heard perfectly but the audio of the capture card, videos and songs are distorted.

Here are two examples so you can see the difference between using vMix 20 and vMix 19:

vMix 20:
?t=7

vMix 19: https://www.youtube.com/...hN-IuPbwZ70&t=1375s

I hope someone can help me, I do not know if it is listening to the double audio or it is a distortion. By the way, in both cases the external output of vMix was being used and broadcasting to YouTube from OBS

Thanks in advance!
admin  
#2 Posted : Friday, November 24, 2017 6:05:27 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4165 time(s) in 1496 post(s)
Hi,

It sounds very much like doubled audio slightly out of sync with eachother. Try a test recording in vMix itself, if the audio there is fine,
then the external program must be duplicating the audio, perhaps if it is OBS, you have both the system audio and the vMix audio device enabled.

Regards,

Martin
vMix
corporatejames  
#3 Posted : Friday, November 24, 2017 6:52:13 AM(UTC)
corporatejames

Man
Australia

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 62 post(s)
Just a question why are using OBS when you have Vmix and can do all in Vmix? What task are using OBS for that Vmix can not do for you? or did miss something?
IceStream  
#4 Posted : Friday, November 24, 2017 10:31:18 AM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ pasingshot

Maybe I've missed something, or my system doesn't pick it up, but I don't hear any distortion or double audio on my end in the vMix 20 YouTube link, which leads me to believe this might be a YouTube encoding thing or alternatively, a system's settings or Windows thing.
The vMix 19 link is bad (404 not found error).

Ice

pasingshot  
#5 Posted : Friday, November 24, 2017 2:56:09 PM(UTC)
pasingshot

admin wrote:
Hi,

It sounds very much like doubled audio slightly out of sync with eachother. Try a test recording in vMix itself, if the audio there is fine,
then the external program must be duplicating the audio, perhaps if it is OBS, you have both the system audio and the vMix audio device enabled.

Regards,

Martin
vMix

Thanks guys, it was a duplicated audio, solved!
pasingshot  
#6 Posted : Friday, November 24, 2017 2:58:32 PM(UTC)
pasingshot

corporatejames wrote:
Just a question why are using OBS when you have Vmix and can do all in Vmix? What task are using OBS for that Vmix can not do for you? or did miss something?

I do not why but the video recorded with vMix is a little bit worst and have micro freeze, with OBS I have no problems. Who knows why!
pasingshot  
#7 Posted : Friday, November 24, 2017 3:00:33 PM(UTC)
pasingshot

IceStream wrote:
@ pasingshot

Maybe I've missed something, or my system doesn't pick it up, but I don't hear any distortion or double audio on my end in the vMix 20 YouTube link, which leads me to believe this might be a YouTube encoding thing or alternatively, a system's settings or Windows thing.
The vMix 19 link is bad (404 not found error).

Ice

Thanks Ice, I found the problem and solved it with admin advice. The distortion was with vMix 20 no with 19 jejejeje

Thanks again mate!