logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
NHT  
#1 Posted : Monday, September 11, 2017 10:08:15 AM(UTC)
NHT

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 31 post(s)
Hi guys, I want to put my own system together and I'm having trouble deciding on a GFX card.

I want to get a GTX1060 but the price of the 6GB version is nearly half as much again in price.

Is the extra vram worth the cost?

I'm planing on using between 4 and 6 1080 cams, recording, streaming and VT playback.
RHSportable  
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 5, 2017 2:28:15 PM(UTC)
RHSportable

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
This came up in one of the Fun Time Live shows, Martin suggested the 6GB 1060 would be beneficial for vMix and inputs if I'm recalling it correctly. For your setup, I'd do the 6GB 1060 just based on what you are planning to do. Go big or go home, right? If it helps look up the card on pcpartpicker.com to find the best price. The EVGA 1060 6GB Superclocked appears to be the fastest version from any of the vendors. However both the 3 and 6GB benchmark fairly close.
NHT  
#3 Posted : Friday, October 6, 2017 9:59:21 AM(UTC)
NHT

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 31 post(s)
RHSportable wrote:
This came up in one of the Fun Time Live shows, Martin suggested the 6GB 1060 would be beneficial for vMix and inputs if I'm recalling it correctly. For your setup, I'd do the 6GB 1060 just based on what you are planning to do. Go big or go home, right? If it helps look up the card on pcpartpicker.com to find the best price. The EVGA 1060 6GB Superclocked appears to be the fastest version from any of the vendors. However both the 3 and 6GB benchmark fairly close.

Thanks for the reply, maybe I'll see if there are a few more pennies down the couch cushions ;)