logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Henny  
#1 Posted : Friday, July 26, 2013 6:28:00 PM(UTC)
Henny

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 20 post(s)
Hi All, I'm Currently Building a small studio install and rather than using on air lights ect i'm going with a INFO screen system, threw out the studio/gallery/green room ect i'm installing a number of 15" Vga TFT's, The idea for theses are to display things like current production name,Current Time,Studio Status ect.

I'm Codeing this display in VVVV and by querying Vmix's Api for:
Recording Status
Streaming Status
current active input
current active input Type
Duration of active Video
Position of active Video

On the displays if the Studio is streaming and or Recording the Background of the Display is RED and Recording and or Streaming is Displayed in the top corner
The Current Production name is displayed and can be edited from a webpage from any pc on the LAN.
If a video is playing and Active on output a countdown of the time remaining on the video is shown at the bottom of the display (this currently only works for the main output i need to add a bit of code to check if a video is playing in an overlay)

The next stage is to put some design into the look of the display, Currently I've Just thrown in the elements and not put any time in to the style or look of it.

once i have tidied things up I will share the VVVV patch but below is how it currently looks,
UserPostedImage

Cheers

Ian
Damn2Good4U  
#2 Posted : Friday, July 26, 2013 8:28:30 PM(UTC)
Damn2Good4U

Man

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 36 post(s)
Hi Henny,

I seem not to really get what you are trying to do here... Could you please expatiate further?

Will the info screen be showing on an external lcd or where?

Sorry if this sound a lame question... i only just want to get it all right.

regards,
Rottimmy
Henny  
#3 Posted : Saturday, July 27, 2013 1:43:38 AM(UTC)
Henny

Man

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 20 post(s)
Hi

Yes this will run on a separate pc feeding a number of external displays.

The idea is rather than having a number of clocks and OnAir lights around the studio and surrounding areas we use TFT computer monitors all split from one pc

We will also mount one below the 42" plasma we use on the studio floor so the presenters know how long is left on a video clip, displays will also be installed in the galllery for the director to reference off and in the sound control room
jet  
#4 Posted : Saturday, July 27, 2013 6:35:33 AM(UTC)
jet

Man

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Henny wrote:
Hi All, I'm Currently Building a small studio install and rather than using on air lights ect i'm going with a INFO screen system, threw out the studio/gallery/green room ect i'm installing a number of 15" Vga TFT's, The idea for theses are to display things like current production name,Current Time,Studio Status ect.
Ian

Nice work!

I would have use for this in our studio.

Kind regards,
J. Tervo

Video mixed with vMix (studio portions). Turn subtitles / CC on:
Damn2Good4U  
#5 Posted : Saturday, July 27, 2013 8:43:22 AM(UTC)
Damn2Good4U

Man

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 36 post(s)
Henny wrote:
Hi

Yes this will run on a separate pc feeding a number of external displays.

The idea is rather than having a number of clocks and OnAir lights around the studio and surrounding areas we use TFT computer monitors all split from one pc

We will also mount one below the 42" plasma we use on the studio floor so the presenters know how long is left on a video clip, displays will also be installed in the galllery for the director to reference off and in the sound control room

Nice work! This is a must have...
markus  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, July 31, 2013 10:42:32 AM(UTC)
markus

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Very nice idea! I'm looking forward to your software.

I'd love to have some further features on the info screen. Basically it is all about a "Countdown-Timer" I'm used to look at in typical production studios. The countdown should ideally be customizable with the following options:

- Countdown to next half-hour (time left)
- Countdown to next full-hour (time left)
- Countdown from a start time set by user (time left for a flexible period)
- Count Up since "Record", "Ext Output" or a new event was triggered by the user interaction ("Start Counter Button"?) was started

It would be nice to indicate on screen, which counter is in use at the moment (sth. like "half" / "full" / "user" and "trigger", "record", “tape”, “duration” or “OnAir” for the last value).

Finally.... although I like the idea of a separate Screen or Tablet showing these Figures, but shouldn’t we talk about the integration of such a Feature on the new MultiScreen???