logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

7 Pages<1234>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
admin  
#21 Posted : Wednesday, January 5, 2022 2:03:57 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4136 time(s) in 1487 post(s)
vMix 25 Preview Update Released (25.0.0.12)

* Fix for error on startup when installing vMix 25 on a PC for the first time
* Fix for all category buttons not showing in Input Settings
* Fix for Preset Bundles not including files in a List input
* Fix for Preset Bundle not including powerpoint files
* Check for keyframe frequency in SRT settings, to ensure minimum of 1 second is entered.
* Fix for Sony VISCA over IP tally on some cameras

vMix Update can be used to install this update, or downloaded manually with the same download link in the first post.
thanks 10 users thanked admin for this useful post.
Lospidos on 1/5/2022(UTC), eduardocfs on 1/5/2022(UTC), stigaard on 1/5/2022(UTC), doggy on 1/5/2022(UTC), Salvatore on 1/6/2022(UTC), raugert on 1/6/2022(UTC), sinc747 on 1/6/2022(UTC), avsoundguy on 1/6/2022(UTC), ask on 1/7/2022(UTC), jpetrie on 2/4/2022(UTC)
melody  
#22 Posted : Thursday, January 6, 2022 12:55:05 PM(UTC)

Groups: Guests

hi admin,

this is outstanding... LiveLan is a realy game changer.

please, dont forget to add some live activity monitor, such as live viewers, ip addresses, total bandwidth outgoing, etc...

cheers

melody
MW-Music  
#23 Posted : Monday, January 10, 2022 5:12:58 AM(UTC)
MW-Music

Groups: Registered
Man
Germany

@admin: is there any stable release date you can tell us? I like all the new features, especially the LiveLAN. But I´m afraid to use the beta for my productions. So I would like to know, if you have a final release date.
robertskiba  
#24 Posted : Monday, January 10, 2022 6:31:01 PM(UTC)
robertskiba

Man
Germany

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: MW-Music Go to Quoted Post
@admin: is there any stable release date you can tell us? I like all the new features, especially the LiveLAN. But I´m afraid to use the beta for my productions. So I would like to know, if you have a final release date.

I think the question should be: "Did anybody already check how stable the current beta is?"

Can anybody say how stable the new NDI5 is running?

Did somebody have crashes with the current beta?
doggy  
#25 Posted : Monday, January 10, 2022 6:38:50 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 916 time(s) in 755 post(s)

A lot will depend on the feedback from people using/testing it now. That's why it is a released beta to check if anyone can figure out a way to crash it ;-)

How does one know what it feels like touching a hot stove? 3rd party account ?
doggy  
#26 Posted : Monday, January 10, 2022 6:44:12 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Originally Posted by: robertskiba Go to Quoted Post

I think the question should be: "Did anybody already check how stable the current beta is?"

Can anybody say how stable the new NDI5 is running?

Did somebody have crashes with the current beta?

It has been released so you could find out ;-)

MW-Music  
#27 Posted : Tuesday, January 11, 2022 5:59:27 AM(UTC)
MW-Music

Man
Germany

Originally Posted by: doggy Go to Quoted Post

A lot will depend on the feedback from people using/testing it now. That's why it is a released beta to check if anyone can figure out a way to crash it ;-)

How does one know what it feels like touching a hot stove? 3rd party account ?

I know, that´s right. But I thought there could be something like "we will release the final version in February"...
Joeboe  
#28 Posted : Tuesday, January 11, 2022 6:29:49 AM(UTC)
Joeboe

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 31 post(s)
The Final Version is usually the last one before the official release of the new one....
melody  
#29 Posted : Tuesday, January 11, 2022 10:55:27 PM(UTC)

Groups: Guests

Originally Posted by: Joeboe Go to Quoted Post
The Final Version is usually the last one before the official release of the new one....

that make sense,

if anyone want to test this new beta version i can sugest to do it on another machine OR install windows on another disk in the same machine just to test some stuff.

normaly i do the second option, i have another disk on my computer, so i can boot it up any time i want and test stuff on the same hardware environment, it gives me the possibility to test everything i want without change my main configuration.
AlanZ  
#30 Posted : Wednesday, January 12, 2022 3:09:27 AM(UTC)
AlanZ

Was thanked: 44 time(s) in 37 post(s)
I am getting a reproducable CPU overloads when using one of my presets.

I did a little recording (using SnagIt, to try to reduce the cpu usage during recording)

It appears to be related to a problem using a GT Title input.

Adding a title causes CPU overload and issues with title editor displaying the text fields.
Also any opening or appending of a title in one of my presets causes CPU overloads.

Hopefully this will help track down the issue. vMix v 25.0.0.12. Windows 10, nVidia 2070

This YouTube video is unlisted, and I will be happy to remove it once Martin and team no longer want/need to view it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69KL_y2i0ow
AlanZ  
#31 Posted : Wednesday, January 12, 2022 3:32:07 AM(UTC)
AlanZ

Another issue, I can't seem to create an input from a Cam Link 4K attached to a Sonly RX100M7 in 4K

vMix shows an error, but other programs can see it just fine (Windows Camera, Zoom, etc)

I tried it on two different Cam Link 4K units... same result

As before I made an unlisted video showing the issue, and will remove it when no longer relevant.

Cam Link 4K issue video
AlanZ  
#32 Posted : Wednesday, January 12, 2022 3:48:02 AM(UTC)
AlanZ

A little more information about the Cam Link.
I tried bringing in a 1080p camera.
Format should be 59.94p at YUY2 or NV12

If I try YUY2, I get sound but no image
If I try NV12, I get an error

"AddNewInput
D3DERR_INVALIDCALL: Invalid call (-2005530516)"

I hope this helps

Oh, and yes, I restarted my computer before each of the tests
AlanZ  
#33 Posted : Thursday, January 13, 2022 7:01:31 AM(UTC)
AlanZ

Hmmm,

I just upgraded to Windows 11 on this machine (to perhaps solve another problem... and create new ones)

Happily, the issues I reported above are no longer present, the CPU usage is back down where I expect it to be, and the Cam Link connects correctly

So, I suspect that this was a unique machine state problem... and I will update you if I see anything related.
Howlswolf  
#34 Posted : Friday, January 14, 2022 3:28:24 AM(UTC)
Howlswolf

Canada

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Tested *option to disable NDI preview thumbnails * as we have a lot of NDI's here. For the most part its working, but when there is alot of channel from one device, its having a hard time rendering the list for that particular device.

Under 50 NDI channel per device seem to be working. Maybe its the little Computer Icon that is creating problems...

The same computer has no problem rendering all the previews (~500 at the moment)

Howlswolf  
#35 Posted : Friday, January 21, 2022 2:00:58 AM(UTC)
Howlswolf

Canada

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
V25 when closing by the X (top right corner) , it now ask if you want to *Save changes to preset ... ? yes/no/cancel

in version 24 it was *Are you sure you want to close? Yes/No*

So be carefull if your like me and open and close templates a bunch of times during a day. Im so used of clicking yes I want to close... I overwrote my template a couple of times by mistake.
thanks 1 user thanked Howlswolf for this useful post.
jpetrie on 2/4/2022(UTC)
richardgatarski  
#36 Posted : Friday, January 21, 2022 3:44:28 AM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
Oops!

I suggest that the dialogue if no changes are made in the preset remains as in v24. Otherwise changed to "You have unsaved changes in the Preset, do you want to?" Save/Exit/Cancel"
thanks 1 user thanked richardgatarski for this useful post.
jpetrie on 2/4/2022(UTC)
PaulMobile  
#37 Posted : Saturday, January 22, 2022 12:15:13 AM(UTC)
PaulMobile

United Kingdom

v25 LIVE LAN is fantastic!

A small request though. Is it possible for a viewer to go straight through from the URL to the stream without clicking on the LIVE LAN button and then the play icon?

Would love to stream to our 100+ smart screens but a URL is the only field I have.

Pretty please Martin :)
AgentPete  
#38 Posted : Sunday, January 23, 2022 11:37:27 PM(UTC)
AgentPete

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I will upgrade to V25, paying whatever fee necessary to keep the updates coming, because I like vMix and want to support it and the people behind it.

However, to be brutally honest, there’s not one single new feature that’s compelling from our point of view. It does make me wonder what selection criteria are used to decide on forthcoming features. Basic things like audio ducking, organised input numbering and easy WAN collaboration still seem to be way over the horizon.

I guess it might be argued that if these features were popular, they’d be voted on in the Requests forum. Maybe so. However, that assumes that the Requests forum is a fair reflection of the views & needs of most customers… which may be a dangerous assumption.
thanks 6 users thanked AgentPete for this useful post.
umek on 1/24/2022(UTC), pba on 1/24/2022(UTC), cutter07 on 1/26/2022(UTC), Maximus on 1/27/2022(UTC), jpetrie on 2/4/2022(UTC), Teye on 2/19/2022(UTC)
doggy  
#39 Posted : Monday, January 24, 2022 1:28:42 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Originally Posted by: AgentPete Go to Quoted Post

I guess it might be argued that if these features were popular, they’d be voted on in the Requests forum. Maybe so. However, that assumes that the Requests forum is a fair reflection of the views & needs of most customers… which may be a dangerous assumption.

to easy to +1 without considering the real need and many request are without real suporting arguments or just a mere "I want for me"

Have seen it happen , feature request (urgent need), alternative given until available (app or script ) , many shouting i need and i want (for free of course, not even a beer ) but when it comes to the crunch it stays quiet . So personally yes i have my doubts about many of the +1's

TBacker  
#40 Posted : Wednesday, January 26, 2022 3:07:03 AM(UTC)
TBacker

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
RE: Feature / function requests...

I think it's time that they change to an actual moderated, ranked voting system rather than forum posts.

It's got to be nearly impossible to determine actual historical demand for something based on forum posts. The count of posts includes not only +1's, but suggestions for alternate means, down votes, etc. Feature request threads can end up buried due to date submitted and replied. Searching through pages of posts before submitting a new feature request is problematic because not only are you not sure how a request is phrased, but the search system doesn't like you to use too-common / too-short words.

Features could be removed from the list as implemented. Otherwise the total historical count (not just recent requests) of votes for a feature should be the key factor for the guys to use in choosing what to spend development time on.
thanks 2 users thanked TBacker for this useful post.
Peter1000 on 1/28/2022(UTC), jpetrie on 2/4/2022(UTC)