logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

6 Pages«<3456>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
guidogast  
#81 Posted : Wednesday, November 18, 2020 8:22:45 AM(UTC)
guidogast

Groups: Registered
Man
Netherlands

Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 21 post(s)
Hi Micha, Thanks for your contribution! But I'd rather add a plugin than to change the core code. Are you able to develop a plugin? An example can be found in plugins/LED_HAT.h

Thanks in advance
guidogast  
#82 Posted : Wednesday, November 18, 2020 8:24:09 AM(UTC)
guidogast

Man
Netherlands

Originally Posted by: bezzgeadas Go to Quoted Post
hello everyone, thanks for the code, I was able to load the code and configure the vmix ip address: but when changing the entry I chose to safe, pre and live the m5stick c status does not change and is always safe. can help.

Thanks
Luís Geadas

The tally number needs to correspond to the input number in vMix as well
mediaMicha  
#83 Posted : Wednesday, November 18, 2020 10:53:52 PM(UTC)
mediaMicha

Man
Germany

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: guidogast Go to Quoted Post
Hi Micha, Thanks for your contribution! But I'd rather add a plugin than to change the core code. Are you able to develop a plugin? An example can be found in plugins/LED_HAT.h

Thanks in advance

Hi, sorry. I'm not able to do this. But I think, this small change, is good in the main code. Furthermore, the call of the function, is a change of the code necessary.

Best Regards, Michael
kevev  
#84 Posted : Sunday, January 24, 2021 10:21:19 PM(UTC)
kevev

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Hi guidogast. Thank You for your great code. I have posted a suggestion and a possible bug to github. :)
hidavid  
#85 Posted : Friday, February 19, 2021 1:47:56 AM(UTC)
hidavid

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Great Tool and execution, finaly a simple enough solution for cheapo integrated tally lights.

Can anyone maybe point me in the right direction: Moving our VMIX Machines from Event to Event, using local LAN and 4G Sticks bonded via Speedify to get some sort of redundancy. For not having to hook up the Tallys everytime, would anyone know how to add a WLAN router to have them work on a fixed WLAN and therefore work even though there's changing adresses for the internet connection?
Babbit  
#86 Posted : Friday, February 19, 2021 7:56:23 AM(UTC)
Babbit

United States

Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 20 post(s)
Originally Posted by: hidavid Go to Quoted Post
Great Tool and execution, finaly a simple enough solution for cheapo integrated tally lights.

Can anyone maybe point me in the right direction: Moving our VMIX Machines from Event to Event, using local LAN and 4G Sticks bonded via Speedify to get some sort of redundancy. For not having to hook up the Tallys everytime, would anyone know how to add a WLAN router to have them work on a fixed WLAN and therefore work even though there's changing adresses for the internet connection?

Personally, I would make a separate network out of it... Not for bandwidth reasons obviously, but to have something that is a consistent setup.

It also let's you go cheaper on the router for the same reasons. From there it's your choice on how to connect your vMix system to it, whether it be Ethernet or more WiFi.

I believe there is a potential for some issues if that tally network winds up being the same subnet as the other networks you use. You can reduce those odds, but not eliminate them.
guidogast  
#87 Posted : Thursday, February 25, 2021 8:10:35 AM(UTC)
guidogast

Man
Netherlands

It's been a while, but here's a new update 😄

vMix M5Stick-C Tally Light v2.4.0
🚀 Stream and Recording indicators
🚀 Wifi strength indicator on Network Screen
📚 Added FastLED Library for use with plugins
🧽 Cleaned up some log lines

Available here: https://github.com/guido-visser/vMix-M5Stick-Tally-Light/releases/tag/v2.4.0
goaliebob99  
#88 Posted : Saturday, April 10, 2021 3:22:58 PM(UTC)
goaliebob99

United States

Stupid question, how do you turn off the m5stickc when not in use?
guidogast  
#89 Posted : Tuesday, April 13, 2021 7:38:58 AM(UTC)
guidogast

Man
Netherlands

You need to manually turn it off by holding the power button for 6 seconds. There's no sleep functionality
solo16  
#90 Posted : Sunday, May 2, 2021 6:14:03 PM(UTC)
solo16

Man

Hi Guys,

I am in Aduino in the boards manager trying to search for esp32 but its not there. I assume I just install the M5stack folder instead? The video tutorial you made that I am following seems out of date now to what is happing in the later part of the install.
guidogast  
#91 Posted : Monday, May 3, 2021 5:08:55 PM(UTC)
guidogast

Man
Netherlands

Originally Posted by: solo16 Go to Quoted Post
Hi Guys,

I am in Aduino in the boards manager trying to search for esp32 but its not there. I assume I just install the M5stack folder instead? The video tutorial you made that I am following seems out of date now to what is happing in the later part of the install.

All you have to do is follow the written tutorial that I point to on the M5Stack website, that's still accurate. Instead of looking for esp32, look for M5Stack.
solo16  
#92 Posted : Monday, May 3, 2021 6:25:21 PM(UTC)
solo16

Man

Yes all done and working great thank you.
Amokka  
#93 Posted : Sunday, June 6, 2021 11:31:11 PM(UTC)
Amokka

Man

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Babbit Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: hidavid Go to Quoted Post

Personally, I would make a separate network out of it... Not for bandwidth reasons obviously, but to have something that is a consistent setup.

It also let's you go cheaper on the router for the same reasons. From there it's your choice on how to connect your vMix system to it, whether it be Ethernet or more WiFi.

I believe there is a potential for some issues if that tally network winds up being the same subnet as the other networks you use. You can reduce those odds, but not eliminate them.

A nasty, but functional way to configure a roaming network:

Bring your own Internet router. Have the WAN configured for DHCP.
On the LAN side, pick a public IP range that has been registered for a company you'll never need to communicate with. Preferably a company who owns a /24 IP range (254 IPs). Use that same range on your LAN and make sure you have NAT enabled.
This way, you'll not be able to communicate with that IP range on Internet, but you are almost certain that you have a different subnet than whatever your customer have.
If you are in Europe or America, you can probably find something to use in https://www.apnic.net/

Personally, I use a Ubiquity Edgerouters Lite.
It has 3 interfaces:
One for WAN: (DHCP enabled)
One for DMZ: (DHCP enabled, used for connecting to additional, local networks - with port forwarding to my vMix system.)
One for LAN: providing DNS, DHCP and Routing capability.
Vyacheslav  
#94 Posted : Friday, October 15, 2021 2:02:13 AM(UTC)
Vyacheslav

Russian Federation

Guido thank you for your project! Please write me your bank card number in private messages, I don't have a paypal account and I can't thank you.
guidogast  
#95 Posted : Saturday, October 16, 2021 9:40:36 PM(UTC)
guidogast

Man
Netherlands

Hi Vyacheslav, since I don't have the LED module you have, I can't test it for you.

Can you tell me the following:
- Amount of LEDs on your WS2812 strip/board
- How do you connect it to the Stick?

This could give me some pointers as to explain what you need to change in the code to make it work.

Thank you for wanting to support me. You can do that via Buy me a Coffee: https://www.buymeacoffee.com/guidovisser
The service allows you to use a credit or debit card alongside of paypal. Hopefully that works for you. Otherwise, no worries, you using my solution is payment enough 😄
Vyacheslav  
#96 Posted : Sunday, October 17, 2021 4:38:26 AM(UTC)
Vyacheslav

Russian Federation

Hi Vyacheslav, since I don't have the LED module you have, I can't test it for you.

This could give me some pointers as to explain what you need to change in the code to make it work.

Guido thanks a lot, I've just been able to figure out the code. And now everything works fine! The WS2812 LED is just one. I want to take it out on the camera body.

Thank you for wanting to support me. You can do that via Buy me a Coffee: https://www.buymeacoffee.com/guidovisser
The service allows you to use a credit or debit card alongside of paypal. Hopefully that works for you. Otherwise, no worries, you using my solution is payment enough 😄

I will definitely thank you for your great work! Thank you very much!
guidogast  
#97 Posted : Monday, October 18, 2021 7:01:50 AM(UTC)
guidogast

Man
Netherlands

Originally Posted by: Vyacheslav Go to Quoted Post

Guido thanks a lot, I've just been able to figure out the code. And now everything works fine! The WS2812 LED is just one. I want to take it out on the camera body.

I will definitely thank you for your great work! Thank you very much!

Glad everything is working for you now, goodluck!
KJPark  
#98 Posted : Wednesday, November 17, 2021 1:06:41 AM(UTC)
KJPark

Man
Norway

Is it possible to configure it to react on Preview/Live on Mix 2? I'm using Mix 2 as a camera switcher and the primary Preview/Live to change my layouts. For example multiview etcs.

If so, how would I do this? Thanks.
guidogast  
#99 Posted : Tuesday, November 30, 2021 7:11:43 PM(UTC)
guidogast

Man
Netherlands

Originally Posted by: KJPark Go to Quoted Post
Is it possible to configure it to react on Preview/Live on Mix 2? I'm using Mix 2 as a camera switcher and the primary Preview/Live to change my layouts. For example multiview etcs.

If so, how would I do this? Thanks.

This is not possible as far as I know. The Tally Subscription API is only available for the Live and Preview sources.
AlbertoBCN  
#100 Posted : Wednesday, December 22, 2021 6:23:11 AM(UTC)
AlbertoBCN

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hi all,

Just let you know that I successfully built 4 tally lights using the M5Stick and 4 big 8x8 led matrices. Also built the cases and supports for everything using designs available on thingiverse.

This is so cool.

Thank you!