logo

Live Production Software Forums


Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Toldorn  
#1 Posted : Friday, October 22, 2021 9:55:12 AM(UTC)
Toldorn

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 11/10/2019(UTC)
Posts: 13
Australia
Location: Macaky

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hi team,

Working with an animated PNG sequence, and I come from an After Effects background.

I'm trying to do a really simple title that has text move from position A on screen, to position B on screen.


Can someone explain how - rather than using the crappy PowerPoint-looking animations?


I don't want to render out commentary titles from AE during the event, as it'll be changing lots and lots - so I need to be able to edit the names in Vmix.

thanks!
doggy  
#2 Posted : Friday, October 22, 2021 1:55:55 PM(UTC)
doggy

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/27/2012(UTC)
Posts: 4,150
Belgium
Location: Belgium

Thanks: 243 times
Was thanked: 747 time(s) in 609 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Toldorn Go to Quoted Post

I'm trying to do a really simple title that has text move from position A on screen, to position B on screen.


Animated (move or appearing) ? jump? based on ?

Quote:
Can someone explain how - rather than using the crappy PowerPoint-looking animations?


Meaning ?

Quote:
so I need to be able to edit the names in Vmix.


Manually or using datasources or ?
Toldorn  
#3 Posted : Friday, October 22, 2021 2:02:30 PM(UTC)
Toldorn

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 11/10/2019(UTC)
Posts: 13
Australia
Location: Macaky

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Like this;

http://www.tropicalexposure.com.au/test.mp4

The orange BG is a PNG sequence, and I just need my GT Title text to start in position A.... move to position B...then after 5/6/7 seconds, return to position A.

A very simple animation - but i need to be able to change the text within Vmix. Pre-Rendering the titles isn't an option.
doggy  
#4 Posted : Friday, October 22, 2021 5:21:02 PM(UTC)
doggy

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/27/2012(UTC)
Posts: 4,150
Belgium
Location: Belgium

Thanks: 243 times
Was thanked: 747 time(s) in 609 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Toldorn Go to Quoted Post
Like this;

http://www.tropicalexposure.com.au/test.mp4

The orange BG is a PNG sequence, and I just need my GT Title text to start in position A.... move to position B...then after 5/6/7 seconds, return to position A.

A very simple animation - but i need to be able to change the text within Vmix. Pre-Rendering the titles isn't an option.


Might work with some trickery in a GT title. However you didn't mention when the animation has to take place
Toldorn  
#5 Posted : Friday, October 22, 2021 5:37:11 PM(UTC)
Toldorn

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 11/10/2019(UTC)
Posts: 13
Australia
Location: Macaky

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
What you see is hidden behind a scoreboard element. When I click overlay 2 I want it to appear from behind the scoreboard, display for 10 seconds then duck down behind again.

doggy  
#6 Posted : Friday, October 22, 2021 7:42:36 PM(UTC)
doggy

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/27/2012(UTC)
Posts: 4,150
Belgium
Location: Belgium

Thanks: 243 times
Was thanked: 747 time(s) in 609 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Toldorn Go to Quoted Post
What you see is hidden behind a scoreboard element. When I click overlay 2 I want it to appear from behind the scoreboard, display for 10 seconds then duck down behind again.




OH!

Now it has to appear from somewhere behind and has to stay 10 seconds. that is NOT the same as your example/initial post, in fact completely different to achieve with the title designer
Still haven't mentioned the criteria for it to appear .

Why even bother trying to sync a title text animation with an image sequence

Its simple alright hence asking here LOL

Left: duplicating items, hide duplicate , fly main item, animation with exact timing for it to hide and unhide the duplicate to make it appear it moved , stayed and returned
Right: fly in from behind other item using a mask , delay and fly back out
Both on datachange






Users browsing this topic
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.