logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
growup  
#1 Posted : Saturday, October 9, 2021 7:44:27 PM(UTC)
growup

Groups: Registered
Germany

it would be great to use the timer for a specific countdown time (i.e. 08:25:16 PM), what is possible, but there is no trigger function to use, when the time was reached.
Also it would be usefull, to safe in the title several presets, if you need more than one timer. It would help to time and controle many many productions.
mkellner  
#2 Posted : Monday, November 1, 2021 10:53:49 AM(UTC)
mkellner

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
+1 We do so many streams where we go live at 6:55pm and a video plays at 7pm and that is the entire stream. Being able to automate this would be a huge benefit for us.
doggy  
#3 Posted : Monday, November 1, 2021 5:32:04 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)
growup  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, November 2, 2021 12:35:26 AM(UTC)
growup

Germany

why to script? We cannot script every eventual happening. So that is why a trigger would be usefull. Sometimes we use 5 or 6 countdowns, so it would be an easy solution to do this with the timerfunction. And why not?! The basic function already exists. Why to invent something new?
growup  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, November 2, 2021 12:40:36 AM(UTC)
growup

Germany

Explanation:
we have a playlist, it runs some hours, after that, a picture is shown and a time runs. But we chance the playlist every week, so it should be easy to trigger what to do, when it is 8 o'clock in the morning, or 1 pm, 6:30 pm and so on. it is much individual so it it cannot be a script, because we had to change it over and over again. That is not usefull.
growup  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, November 2, 2021 12:41:58 AM(UTC)
growup

Germany

PS: stop shouting
doggy  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, November 2, 2021 1:09:11 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Originally Posted by: growup Go to Quoted Post
when it is 8 o'clock in the morning, or 1 pm, 6:30 pm and so on. it is much individual so it it cannot be a script, because we had to change it over and over again. That is not usefull.

WHy could it not be? Would you not have to set the time of the trigger (if existed) too? So a quick edit of a time variable in a script would take the same time, even a Dynamic value could be used . Heck a data source could come in handy for a weeks schedule or so

Cool username btw ;-)
growup  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, November 2, 2021 3:37:48 AM(UTC)
growup

Germany

I would say no, because we have many projects on different mashine, it is much easier to setup a timer widget than write a code snippet. And also, I am not the big programmer ;)

I already tried the script, even it worked, one time, the 2nd day at the same time it did not. So I do not understand what is happening and in some productions it has to be fixed fast. Scripting is no fast thing. Titles also can be saved with templates. Just push a button on my streamdeck, the next time appears and runs down. I could not image how to do this with a script ;)
ravi.singh  
#9 Posted : Monday, November 8, 2021 2:26:27 PM(UTC)
ravi.singh

India

I am using VMix Basic HD licensed version.

There is one query.

I want to utilize "countdown to time" feature.

What I want to achieve:-

I have set this countdown to time {0:3:00 PM|HH:mm:ss}. And I also have added trigger, that after countdown ends, it must switch to defined input.

But, as countdown completes, it displays 00:00:00 and it doesn't switch the defined input which I have added in trigger. I have tried a lot but it doesn't work.

My point is, after countdown completes, why it's not triggering????

In addition,

Actually, it's working when after adding "Oncountdowncompleted" but I had to add duration in countdown setting, in that case it is working, but it is a very lengthy process. I am sure, there will be a way out for this, because when there is option for countdown to time {0:3:00 PM|HH:mm:ss},then it should be triggering the selected input in trigger option.
doggy  
#10 Posted : Monday, November 8, 2021 2:43:54 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Originally Posted by: ravi.singh Go to Quoted Post

I want to utilize "countdown to time" feature.

What I want to achieve:-

I have set this countdown to time {0:3:00 PM|HH:mm:ss}. And I also have added trigger, that after countdown ends, it must switch to defined input.

But, as countdown completes, it displays 00:00:00 and it doesn't switch the defined input which I have added in trigger. I have tried a lot but it doesn't work.

My point is, after countdown completes, why it's not triggering????

Triggers apply to the countdown , not the clock (of which countdown to time is part of)

Quote:

In addition,

Actually, it's working when after adding "Oncountdowncompleted" but I had to add duration in countdown setting, in that case it is working, but it is a very lengthy process. I am sure, there will be a way out for this, because when there is option for countdown to time {0:3:00 PM|HH:mm:ss},then it should be triggering the selected input in trigger option.

there are shortcut options allowing to set/change countdown times quickly

As you have basic HD you cannot use vMix scripts (as linked before in this post ) . can do external ones though as done before vMix scripting was even available ;-)
growup  
#11 Posted : Monday, November 8, 2021 11:27:55 PM(UTC)
growup

Germany

sorry, but that is not what we want to do. We all understand how countdowns are working, but often it is needed, that something will hapen to a specific time. I.E. when there is a picture in pgm, or a camera, there is nothing to use for triggers, so that is why it should work. Otherwise the whole function is useless.

Please do not try to explain why we DO NOT need this function, we DO need this, that is why we are asking for it.
ravi.singh  
#12 Posted : Monday, November 8, 2021 11:33:24 PM(UTC)
ravi.singh

India

I was using this below script in scripting section of vmix. It was working fine but suddenly it stopped working. Can anybody help me on this.

'Trigger a function at a specific time of day

dim triggertime as string = "12:25"

'console.writeline ( DateTime.Now.ToString("hh:mm"))

Do While True
If triggertime = DateTime.Now.ToString("hh:mm") Then
' The times match so do something like
API.Function("Merge",Input:="4") 'replace 1 with the to overlay input nr
' And we are done
Exit do

End If
sleep(1000)
Loop
doggy  
#13 Posted : Monday, November 8, 2021 11:56:01 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

I was using this below script in scripting section of vmix. It was working fine but suddenly it stopped working. Can anybody help me on this.

Script is set for 12 hr time (AM/PM)

Change to DateTime.Now.ToString("HH:mm") for a 24 hr clock time (capital H instead of h)
thanks 2 users thanked doggy for this useful post.
growup on 11/9/2021(UTC), ravi.singh on 11/9/2021(UTC)
growup  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, November 9, 2021 12:48:31 AM(UTC)
growup

Germany

Originally Posted by: doggy Go to Quoted Post

Change to DateTime.Now.ToString("HH:mm") for a 24 hr clock time (capital H instead of h)

but script is stopping anywhere, so it will not start again the next day?!
doggy  
#15 Posted : Tuesday, November 9, 2021 1:09:27 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

but script is stopping anywhere, so it will not start again the next day?!

It stops somewhere ;-) specifically when the time of day is reached .
This is just an example, and is open to modification or adaptation to own needs , add multiple times for multiple triggering or... all up to ones imagination

Like one can encapsulate the script into another unconditional loop so it never stops and repeats its trigger each day ( unless you close vMix) but add a pause to cover that 1 minute the check time is the same or one just starts the script again manually or by shortcut
growup  
#16 Posted : Tuesday, November 9, 2021 4:14:03 AM(UTC)
growup

Germany

ok, got this. done with trigger a script and back. Nice. But not usefull, if more times are needed. But it is a solution so long. Thanks for inspiration
doggy  
#17 Posted : Tuesday, November 9, 2021 4:31:48 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

ok, got this. done with trigger a script and back. Nice. But not usefull, if more times are needed. But it is a solution so long. Thanks for inspiration

it's as useful as you make it be and there are several ways for more times to be triggered (dynamic values, datasource, etc..). One can make scripts as simple or as functional as one wants them to be be it internal vMix ones or external apps
growup  
#18 Posted : Tuesday, November 9, 2021 7:19:38 AM(UTC)
growup

Germany

it's as useful as you make it be and there are several ways for more times to be triggered (dynamic values, datasource, etc..). One can make scripts as simple or as functional as one wants them to be be it internal vMix ones or external apps

Sounds great what possible, but I am not able to programm what you are talking about ;)
ravi.singh  
#19 Posted : Tuesday, November 9, 2021 5:12:29 PM(UTC)
ravi.singh

India

Thank you so much. It worked!!!!!!

WaltG12  
#20 Posted : Wednesday, November 10, 2021 8:06:27 AM(UTC)
WaltG12

United States

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 24 post(s)
Triggers apply to the countdown , not the clock (of which countdown to time is part of)

What if, and stay with me, because this is a crazy concept for the "Feature Requests" section, but what if they changed that?

If it can be scripted, it can be built-in.

Everyone gets how it works. Nobody's questioning how it works.

People, myself included, would prefer if it worked differently. That's, again, why we're having this discussion in the "Feature Requests" section.

This isn't one of those cases where the option is already available. It's inferior to a Countdown to Time timer in a number of ways: it's a lot more likely to be a second or two off, it's more involved to program, the script constantly running in the background takes CPU usage, etc.

Yes, it's a suitable stopgap for people who need the feature now, but, as far as I'm concerned, that's all it is.