logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
doggy  
#21 Posted : Thursday, November 11, 2021 7:49:05 AM(UTC)
doggy

Groups: Registered
Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)
Originally Posted by: WaltG12 Go to Quoted Post
What if, and stay with me, because this is a crazy concept for the "Feature Requests" section, but what if they changed that?

No one is arguing against that , but in the mean time until implemented ;-)

Quote:
the script constantly running in the background takes CPU usage, etc.

LOL, so extra code/processing in the main program is in no way going to affect CPU usage, magic?

WaltG12  
#22 Posted : Tuesday, March 1, 2022 3:51:44 AM(UTC)
WaltG12

United States

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 24 post(s)
Originally Posted by: doggy Go to Quoted Post
WHy could it not be? Would you not have to set the time of the trigger (if existed) too?

Titles, like "Countdown to Time", can be edited on any device, via the Web Controller.

I even have a bookmark on my phone that takes me directly to the page to edit a Countdown to Time title that I use routinely, with different times that need to be changed on the fly when I need other programs in focus on my computer.

Scripts can't be edited as easily, as they only exist in the vMix window on the physical machine. Therefore, unlike "Countdown to Time" titles, they can't be edited when other programs need to remain in focus & pulling up the window to edit them without a mouse connected is pretty much impossible.

Originally Posted by: doggy Go to Quoted Post
LOL, so extra code/processing in the main program is in no way going to affect CPU usage, magic?

I don't know what's so funny. Nobody said "in no way", but the levels of the program including an extra trigger & a script running continuously to check the time are in no way comparable.

A script waiting for a specific time runs over and over and over and over, checking to see if it's time, until it's stopped.

A trigger waiting for a timer to finish, which is what we're discussing, doesn't need to repeatedly check anything, because it gets its marching orders from the timer, not the other way around.

With a built in trigger, the timer says "Ok, I'm done--fire", unlike a script that runs once or twice or more per second saying "Are you done yet? Are you done yet? Are you done yet?"

No magic necessary.
NBAH.NBAHbI4  
#23 Posted : Friday, February 24, 2023 8:48:24 AM(UTC)
NBAH.NBAHbI4

Russian Federation

+1 we need it without scripts