logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
newlifesrb  
#1 Posted : Monday, May 17, 2021 12:26:07 PM(UTC)
newlifesrb

Groups: Registered

Hey everyone. I searched the forums for this, but wasn't able to find any help with the problem we are experiencing.
Thanks to anyone who can provide insight!

We run:
ATEM 2M/E 4K to
Blackmagic Web Presenter (via usb) to
vMix

On rare (and most inconvenient) occasions the camera input (microphone - blackmagic web presenter) audio strip disappears. I click on the camera input and try to change audio settings, but nothing happens when I click on the box. To resolve the issue, I have to completely change the audio/video input source, which as you know stops the video source as well.

Any ideas what is going wrong?
It seems that vMix is completely loosing the audio device, and there seems to be no way to recover except to rebuild both the video/audio input source.

SYSTEM INFO
vMix 4k - 23.0.0.68 x64

NUC 6i7KYB
Windows 10 Enterprise v10.0.19042
CPU Intel i7 2.6ghz 4 core
32GB RAM
newlifesrb  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 1, 2021 12:17:16 AM(UTC)
newlifesrb

Bump
Jason.moseley  
#3 Posted : Monday, July 19, 2021 12:29:02 AM(UTC)
Jason.moseley

United States

We have the exact same issue. Of course it happens when I go on vacation! We lose audio on our usb video bridge. The only fix is to remove the input and readd it.
nleaudio  
#4 Posted : Sunday, September 19, 2021 12:27:40 AM(UTC)
nleaudio

United States

I have several vMix systems, and this happens somewhat often. It is a bad bug, especially when it happens to a user who has no idea how to fix it.
It regularly happens on a vMix software update, but I just got a call today from one of my peeps that had it happen with no update.

Please help, vMix gurus! :-)

Bob
mavik  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, September 22, 2021 3:21:09 AM(UTC)
mavik

Man

Was thanked: 164 time(s) in 146 post(s)
Best recommendation I can give is:
- use a separate, standalone USB Bus (this requires a lot of MoBo insights) for the connection
- use a separate PCIe card with USB for this (best chance to get an exclusive USB bus)
- Buy another encoder like kiloview or birddog to ingest into vmix
Richard42  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, September 22, 2021 4:52:15 PM(UTC)
Richard42

Originally Posted by: newlifesrb Go to Quoted Post
Hey everyone. I searched the forums for this, but wasn't able to find any help with the problem we are experiencing.

We run:
ATEM 2M/E 4K to
vMix

On rare (and most inconvenient) occasions the camera input (microphone - blackmagic web presenter) audio strip disappears. I click on the camera input and try to change audio settings, but nothing happens when I click on the box. To resolve the issue, I have to completely change the audio/video input source, which as you know stops the video source as well.

It seems that vMix is completely loosing the audio device, and there seems to be no way to recover except to rebuild both the video/audio input source.

SYSTEM INFO
vMix 4k - 23.0.0.68 x64

NUC 6i7KYB
32GB RAM

I am facing the same issue for some time later if anyone has a solution plz helps us out thanks in advance.
nleaudio  
#7 Posted : Saturday, October 9, 2021 11:33:41 PM(UTC)
nleaudio

United States

Bump

Just has this happen to me again. A restart of vmix does not seem ti help, only deleting and adding back the input. Is there any log that might give an indication of what is going on?

Bob

Originally Posted by: Richard42 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: newlifesrb Go to Quoted Post

We run:
ATEM 2M/E 4K to
vMix

SYSTEM INFO
vMix 4k - 23.0.0.68 x64

NUC 6i7KYB
32GB RAM

I am facing the same issue for some time later if anyone has a solution plz helps us out thanks in advance.