logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
NSCPro  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, July 28, 2021 8:25:35 AM(UTC)
NSCPro

Groups: Registered
Estonia

I use the name of the rider and after the hyphen the name of the horse. Since both names are different lengths, this solution in the video below will not work.

Leaves as shown in Figure 2. Picture 1 is normal with the name I originally set up. But picture 2 should be like picture 3.

pic1.jpg (13kb) downloaded 0 time(s).

pic2.jpg (8kb) downloaded 1 time(s).

pic3.jpg (8kb) downloaded 1 time(s).
doggy  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, July 28, 2021 10:03:44 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)
Its actually called bounding intended to scale a rectangle (background) to a auto sized textbox !

if both texts are ok to be the same font and color adding both together as one before actual display script wise could do the trick.

Refer to your previous same "problem" post https://forums.vmix.com/...n-side-by-side#post87087

or check https://forums.vmix.com/...dynamic-text-field-sizes which includes a solution
NSCPro  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, July 28, 2021 9:21:08 PM(UTC)
NSCPro

Estonia

Originally Posted by: doggy Go to Quoted Post
Its actually called bounding intended to scale a rectangle (background) to a auto sized textbox !

if both texts are ok to be the same font and color adding both together as one before actual display script wise could do the trick.

Refer to your previous same "problem" post https://forums.vmix.com/...n-side-by-side#post87087

or check https://forums.vmix.com/...dynamic-text-field-sizes which includes a solution

In my previous post there was no same problem because the age in parentheses was a fixed size and the layer must be fixed in size and located on the right. When I used it, it happened as shown in picture 2. However, both layers must be width scaled in the present case, because both the rider and the horse's name are constantly different sizes. The link you submitted does not show how to do this in the GT program.
doggy  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, July 28, 2021 9:38:37 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Originally Posted by: NSCPro Go to Quoted Post
The link you submitted does not show how to do this in the GT program.

Indeed as it should be obvious that it is currently not possible with GT titles but it is with legacy XAML titles (or other $$$ title software). The video even has the code in the comments for it.
combining 2 hidden textboxes with script is also an option

various tools for various objectives!
NSCPro  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, July 28, 2021 9:52:23 PM(UTC)
NSCPro

Estonia

The link you submitted does not show how to do this in the GT program.

Indeed as it should be obvious that it is currently not possible with GT titles but it is with legacy XAML titles (or other $$$ title software). The video even has the code in the comments for it.
combining 2 hidden textboxes with script is also an option

various tools for various objectives!

Is there any way you can do this through a script if I paid you for it? because I have all the graphics done in GT and don't want to do it anywhere else.
doggy  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, July 28, 2021 9:58:57 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Is there any way you can do this through a script if I paid you for it? because I have all the graphics done in GT and don't want to do it anywhere else.

pretty straightforward

below example uses 2 titles but one can add extra hidden textboxes to one title to read the content and combine as one

Code:

Do While True

Input.Find("Title 0- The Classic Green.gtzip").Text("Headline.Text") = Input.Find("Title 0- The Classic Blue.gtzip").Text("Headline.Text") & " - " & Input.Find("Title 0- The Classic Blue.gtzip").Text("Description.Text") 

Sleep(250)
Loop

NSCPro  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, July 28, 2021 10:45:24 PM(UTC)
NSCPro

Estonia

pretty straightforward

below example uses 2 titles but one can add extra hidden textboxes to one title to read the content and combine as one

Code:

Do While True

Input.Find("Title 0- The Classic Green.gtzip").Text("Headline.Text") = Input.Find("Title 0- The Classic Blue.gtzip").Text("Headline.Text") & " - " & Input.Find("Title 0- The Classic Blue.gtzip").Text("Description.Text") 

Sleep(250)
Loop

I think it’s better, if you create this solution for me. It must be working on your previous script code