logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Rinsky  
#21 Posted : Wednesday, June 4, 2014 10:59:41 AM(UTC)
Rinsky

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 35 post(s)
macgiver76 wrote:
Sorry for my english ....
If anyone interested , I'm building a system to tally lamp is very similar to this : http://www.metasetz.com/category/tally-lights/
1 Use the USB port and allows you to control 6 tally lamp for 6 cameras .
- On the computer will be connected to a box with 8 ethernet ports ;
- At cameras will be installed boxes that contain :
1 ) Green LED that indicates the correct power supply;
2 ) Yellow LED when the camera is in preview ;
3 ) Red LED when the camera is live .
4) jack for connecting headphones;
5 ) Jack for microphone connection .
On the front of the camera is placed another red LED to indicate who is at the front which is live . This LED can turn it off.
All LEDs can be operated at high brightness ( for the events of the day ) and low light ( for night events ) .
For the Audio section , is connected to a mixer that allows communication between all opertatori and directing.
Operators use the classic headphone with microphone for PC.
All signals , both of which tally lamp sound system , traveling over a single Ethernet cable .
The maximum length of cable that I could test and found no problems is 80 meters.
The system is still being realized , but from the tests I did and works fine , except the audio section by the operators towards the direction , the mixer I have for the tests does not work with microphones capsule headphones. This problem has to be solved.
It 's based on the Arduino platform .

Sounds great! And it will be compatible with vmix? How much will it cost?
Thremir  
#22 Posted : Friday, June 6, 2014 8:55:49 AM(UTC)
Thremir

Man

Was thanked: 56 time(s) in 29 post(s)
I'll just have to share this one with you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5TlvsYq5mc

My brother and I have been really only seeing if it's possible (which it really is), and you could easily upgrade it to a VoIP communicator with push to talk capability etc. using asterisk or another communication client.

If you guys are up for it we could "re-open" the project and have you guys joining us in developing it at our Google Group for vMix devs.

Cheers,
Håvard
lbgaus  
#23 Posted : Saturday, August 9, 2014 4:07:19 AM(UTC)
lbgaus

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 14 post(s)
I've been working on a tally light solution for my university's TV station that is based on the Raspberry Pi and was wanting to ask the vMix community if there is an interest in this, or if the smartphone tally lights are working well for everyone.

UserPostedImage

I might consider manufacturing these for around $150 each for those who wish not to mess with trying to build their own, but I would feel fine posting the drawings, software, parts list, etc... online if you are a DIY-er.

More tally pictures: http://imgur.com/a/ojuKR

The Pi comes in a black case with a large (diffuse) LED on the front (facing the talent), a single LED on the back for the camera operator along with the Pi's LED indicators, and a hot shoe mount to fit on the camera. The Pi can be powered from any MicroUSB power supply and can operate via Ethernet or WiFi.

A configuration tool for Windows will discover all the Pi Tallies on the network and offer you a drop-down menu of all your vMix inputs to choose from when assigning an input to a specific tally. The tool will batch program multiple units for the vMix inputs you've defined.

Plug a tally into the LAN and run the config tool, it will show you all online devices like this:
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Push the button and the tool updates all the Pi's on your network with your input choice.

UserPostedImage

The Pi will light up right away when active in vMix and goes dark again right after switching away.

Let me know if you're interested in the unit, have any ideas, or just some questions. Thanks!
thanks 1 user thanked lbgaus for this useful post.
richardgatarski on 8/9/2014(UTC)
richardgatarski  
#24 Posted : Saturday, August 9, 2014 6:17:34 AM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
Really cool!
I am interested for sure if, I understood correctly, WiFi works too.

Is there any way to know if the Input is in preview.

Have you considered supplementing it with intercom functionality. For example by using Mumble:
http://www.zam.com/wiki/...p_Mumble_On_Raspberry_Pi
lbgaus  
#25 Posted : Saturday, August 9, 2014 12:20:11 PM(UTC)
lbgaus

Yep, WiFi is no problem, as long as the AP and client both have strong bi-directional signal.

Knowing if the input is preview could be achieved with some coding changes and using an RGB LED. I imagine just the operator's LED would be used for this.

I haven't set up IP voice communications with it yet, but it would be a good use for the USB ports for sure.
richardgatarski  
#26 Posted : Saturday, August 9, 2014 3:18:05 PM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Thanks. If we for the moment skip the intercom part, how can i try your solution and help you (and us) proceed?
ceejay7777  
#27 Posted : Thursday, August 14, 2014 1:54:16 AM(UTC)
ceejay7777

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
lbgaus wrote:
... I would feel fine posting the drawings, software, parts list, etc... online if you are a DIY-er.

Many thanks, that would be very helpful. Just let us know where to find them.
lbgaus  
#28 Posted : Sunday, August 17, 2014 12:46:48 AM(UTC)
lbgaus

I'm just finishing up the first batch of 6 of these units and finishing the engineering on them, and will be changing a couple of things with the programming software to make it more user-friendly.

richardgatarski if you're looking to get one to try it out without building from parts, I would be happy to ship you a completed Pi for your testing and demonstration if we were to find a mutually acceptable form of payment for the parts involved.

When I am getting closer to finishing up these units I am building for the station, I will post software and general parts workflow/diagram for ceejay7777.

Feel free to ask any additional questions in the meantime.

Landon Gaus
lbgaus@utexas.edu
thanks 1 user thanked lbgaus for this useful post.
ceejay7777 on 8/17/2014(UTC)
richardgatarski  
#29 Posted : Sunday, August 17, 2014 10:45:10 AM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Landon,
I've sent you an e-mail regarding payment (I am an excellent dish washer ;)
Rinsky  
#30 Posted : Saturday, October 18, 2014 10:16:35 PM(UTC)
Rinsky

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 35 post(s)
I'm really looking forward to your tally light solution Ibgaus, what's the status?

Is there going to be a intercom functionality and is the price still around 150$?

The only problem I have with your device is that it looks a little bit too massive on the pictures, are there any plans to make it smaller?
omnisound  
#31 Posted : Tuesday, October 21, 2014 7:12:10 AM(UTC)
omnisound

Man
France

Hi all !
I use Vmix in professionnal productions and I need tally light and intercoms. So for me the best solution is using the DATAVIDEO IT-100 system because it's not to expansive and it include the tally light fonctionality ( http://www.datavideo.fr/Intercom+Systems/ITC-100 ) and an arduino uno for example with the firmata standard firmware and a 8 relays module (for 4 tallylights).
In the documentation of the ITC-100 we have the schematic to connect the relays card to the sub-d connector of ITC-100.
I use it and it's realy efficient.

best regards.

Loïc (from France)
tdurhamjr  
#32 Posted : Tuesday, October 21, 2014 9:48:29 AM(UTC)
tdurhamjr

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 21 post(s)
omnisound wrote:
Hi all !
I use Vmix in professionnal productions and I need tally light and intercoms. So for me the best solution is using the DATAVIDEO IT-100 system because it's not to expansive and it include the tally light fonctionality ( http://www.datavideo.fr/Intercom+Systems/ITC-100 ) and an arduino uno for example with the firmata standard firmware and a 8 relays module (for 4 tallylights).
In the documentation of the ITC-100 we have the schematic to connect the relays card to the sub-d connector of ITC-100.

best regards.

Loïc (from France)

Hi Loic, I looked at the ITC-100. It comes in a 4 headset version and 8 headset version. Do you know if the 4 headset option ($1100 USD) comes with Tally Lights? Also, can you provide more details on exactly how you networked this with vMix? I want to setup Tally Lights for our commentators and I am hoping to add some remote camera guys so this setup would be perfect since the camera guys would need intercom headsets and tally lights so they knew when they were in preview and live.

Thanks
Tim
jstokesok  
#33 Posted : Wednesday, May 13, 2015 12:55:29 PM(UTC)
jstokesok

omnisound wrote:
Hi all !

best regards.

Loïc (from France)

Loic,

We use the ITC-100 and have made the switch to vMix switcher. I am not familiar with the arduino uno. Is this something you have custom built? I can buy/sell multiple units I just need to know where to purchase them and what is the cost?

Thanks,

Joshua
stevespaw  
#34 Posted : Sunday, May 17, 2015 1:07:11 PM(UTC)
stevespaw

Man

Was thanked: 75 time(s) in 57 post(s)
We are installing this new intercom in our trucks, it would be awesome if VMix would support the tallies like they do with ATEM.
www.unityintercom.com

It is very cool.

Steve
hebermc  
#35 Posted : Sunday, December 18, 2016 11:43:55 PM(UTC)
hebermc

omnisound wrote:
Hi all !

best regards.

Loïc (from France)

The ITC-100 requires you to set the pin to ground, does the arduino already do that or do you need to use some sort of inverter circuit?
ClaudiuCiprian  
#36 Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2019 6:22:36 PM(UTC)
ClaudiuCiprian

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hi Everybody,

I am trying to add a small contribution to this forum so I am providing below a short description of how to build the tally interface between vMix and Datavideo ITC-100.

You will need:
- 1 x Arduino Uno
- 1 x plastic enclosure for Arduino Uno
- 1 x Hex Inverter integrated circuit SN 7406
- 1 x IC 16 pins socket
- 1 x PCB prototype board (size 6cm x 4cm or similar)
- 1 x DB15 (3 rows) male connector
- 1m of 0.25mm wrapping wire
- 1m of CAT5 cable
- Soldering tools

First you should solder the socket on the prototype board, then to connect the corresponding pins of the socket to Arduino Uno pins on one hand (using 15 cm long pieces of wrapping wire) and to the DB 15 connector on the other hand (using the CAT5 cable) as per the picture attached. After that you need to do insert the SN 7406 in the sockect and to do the setup of Arduino Uno tally lights in the vMix/Setting/Tally Lights menu. I packed the Arduino Uno in its enclosure and taped the PCB board on top; it does not look very fancy but works very well. Please do not connect the interface to vMix and intercom but only after you make sure that all the connections are done correctly.

Good Luck!

Tally-vMix-ITC100.png (15kb) downloaded 32 time(s).
thanks 1 user thanked ClaudiuCiprian for this useful post.
matteoarrigone on 10/22/2019(UTC)
matteoarrigone  
#37 Posted : Tuesday, October 22, 2019 11:01:28 PM(UTC)
matteoarrigone

Man

Originally Posted by: ClaudiuCiprian Go to Quoted Post
Hi Everybody,

I am trying to add a small contribution to this forum so I am providing below a short description of how to build the tally interface between vMix and Datavideo ITC-100.

You will need:
- 1 x Arduino Uno
- 1 x IC 16 pins socket
- 1m of CAT5 cable
- Soldering tools

First you should solder the socket on the prototype board, then to connect the corresponding pins of the socket to Arduino Uno pins on one hand (using 15 cm long pieces of wrapping wire) and to the DB 15 connector on the other hand (using the CAT5 cable) as per the picture attached. After that you need to do insert the SN 7406 in the sockect and to do the setup of Arduino Uno tally lights in the vMix/Setting/Tally Lights menu. I packed the Arduino Uno in its enclosure and taped the PCB board on top; it does not look very fancy but works very well. Please do not connect the interface to vMix and intercom but only after you make sure that all the connections are done correctly.

Good Luck!

Thank you very much, in the newt weeks I'll try to follow these steps. but I've got few questions: if I would like to control the tally lights for 8 cameras do I need 2 Arduino or only one? With this configuration is it possible to use the preview and live tally lights (orange and red) or only the red/live one?

Thank you very much,

Regards,
Matteo

ClaudiuCiprian  
#38 Posted : Wednesday, March 18, 2020 3:40:03 AM(UTC)
ClaudiuCiprian

Hi Matteo,

Sorry for the late reply and I suppose you already did the connection to ITC-100. The answer was yes, you need 2 x Arduion for 8 tally lights.

Cheers,
Claudiu
codi  
#39 Posted : Monday, July 12, 2021 7:01:22 AM(UTC)
codi

Poland

Originally Posted by: ClaudiuCiprian Go to Quoted Post
Hi Everybody,

You will need:
- 1 x Arduino Uno
- 1 x IC 16 pins socket
- 1m of CAT5 cable
- Soldering tools

Good Luck!

How to program Arduino to work properly??
manupaul47  
#40 Posted : Friday, July 16, 2021 8:41:49 PM(UTC)
manupaul47

India

The problem is finding something that can plug into a computer.
teatv e sadhana