logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Simsyuk  
#1 Posted : Friday, June 4, 2021 5:11:29 PM(UTC)
Simsyuk

Groups: Registered
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Hi all, something strange is happening before we go live.

All our presenters are asked to come on via Skype (so we can chat to them before we go live and during the production - as a producer) 15 minutes before their show starts. We've been doing this for over 2 years without any issues, but now all of a sudden our viewers can hear the presenters before the intros start.

All audio is off while the intro is paused, when everyone is ready (can be up to 30 seconds) I press the play button which starts the intro and then the presenters come on, but in between the time I press 'Stream', YouTube & Facebook and the play intro, my viewers can hear the presenters even though the audio is off!!

Spooky, I've checked the audio outputs and it's not green to show it's live, I'm using 24.0.0.58. As I said it's all been great but over the last two days this strange thing is happening (no presets have been changed and I check everything before we go live).

1. Presenters come on via Skype
2. We chat, have a conversation etc.
3. Press Stream (to YT & FB).
4. All audio is off
5. Intro is paused but shows static picture saying show is about to start.

Here is when the viewers can hear the presenters (but audio is off)!

6. Press play (turns on intro audio only) for intro to start and then triggers presenters window.
7. Everyone happy and enjoying the show.

Any thoughts, and thanks for any input?
grantcoll  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 8, 2021 7:28:44 PM(UTC)
grantcoll

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 9 post(s)
When you say, all audio is off, is that on the Skype input ? as you don't mention turning that on at steps 6 or 7.

If the static picture is an overlay, and if skype input audio is not disabled, then you would have audio going out.

This may not be your problem, but shows that you may need to provide some more info.
Grant
mavik  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, June 8, 2021 11:06:15 PM(UTC)
mavik

Man

Was thanked: 164 time(s) in 146 post(s)
If your users hear audio there should be a meter indicating it. Try to isolate the source by monitoring the meter.
srbh41413  
#4 Posted : Thursday, July 1, 2021 12:18:51 AM(UTC)
srbh41413

Japan

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Were you able to solve your issue?
Would appreciate your providing more details on how you were keeping the "guests not yet online" silent. I've been trying to do that for the same kind of situation and can't figure out how to open an input's audio only when it goes to program.
thanks
Simsyuk  
#5 Posted : Thursday, July 1, 2021 4:32:41 AM(UTC)
Simsyuk

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 17 post(s)
I realised the audio was on for all the inputs. I turned them all off and saved the project again. That was it, very simple and should have realised while keeping an eye on the output.

When I went live, I just faded across the live Skype footage and made sure the audio came on. As it was going through Skype I could still chat and hear them while all audio inputs in vMix as off (I used a bluetooth headset).