logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
zvezdabest  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 14, 2021 1:10:55 AM(UTC)
zvezdabest

Groups: Registered
Russian Federation

Hello,
When using vmix call, I encountered the following problem: the bitrate of my vmix calls often drops to ~ 100 kbps and the image quality becomes bad, freezes occur. After a certain amount of time, the bitrate is restored to its original value and after a few minutes everything is fine again. This is repeated quite often and when using a stable gigabit Internet connection as a guest and vmix. However, if the guest and vmix are on the same LAN, this problem does not occur and it does not matter whether the peer to peer connection option is enabled or disabled. In any case, the connection in one LAN is stable. I would like to understand if there is a difference in routing vmix call packets if the devices are on the same LAN. I can't find another explanation for this situation. We spent a lot of time testing our internet connection, tried to use different PCs from the guest, but we could not solve this problem. Has anyone else experienced this problem and found a resolution?
I'm using the latest version of vMix 4K 24.0.0.56
Thanks!
Mikig13  
#2 Posted : Monday, June 21, 2021 3:26:20 PM(UTC)
Mikig13

United States

I just realized I’m encountering a similar issue. Once I start my recordings, all of my callers quality drops for about 5 to 7 minutes until it gradually goes up again and stays up high. The system is very powerful and I’m not even close to 50 percent cpu or Gpu usage... got plenty of upload/download speed dedicated to me. Very weird. Today a friend of mine called me on the same issue.
DaphneSauer  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, August 17, 2021 4:14:21 PM(UTC)
DaphneSauer

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Can't seem to find a good answer on this one, so maybe someone can explain here.

We are streaming pre-recorded videos for a charity. The quality is looking just fine, but in reviewing the log files, vMix is sending 2500 kbps vs the setting of 4500 kbps. I have the profile set to high and I've tested that setting to baseline sends closer to 4500 kbps.

All metrics as for as system usage look great and no flags are being raised by Twitch or the quality on the end user side.

As mentioned, quality is fine, so I'm wondering if vMix is only sending the data it needs to stream the content we're feeding into it. The pre-recordings are pretty high quality with much higher bit rates, so I would be surprised by this.

Any thoughts?

MyAARPMedicare
thanks 1 user thanked DaphneSauer for this useful post.
ewanly on 11/9/2021(UTC)