logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
niemi  
#41 Posted : Saturday, March 27, 2021 7:56:49 PM(UTC)
niemi

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Originally Posted by: calonpintar Go to Quoted Post
hello,

so I did setup with 12 laptops + 1 resolume arena + 1 millumin + 1 vmix.
- all laptop just outputting NDI via vMix desktop capture
- arena is receiving NDI from laptops and send to millumin
- millumin only receiving arena & laptops
- vmix only receiving laptops

arena, millumin, vmix all crashed randomly about 1 minute after

NDI setup are configured using NDI discovery server to prevent network flooding, NDI version 4.5

did same setup, but using NDI scan converter (now screen capture) instead of vMix desktop capture, everything is stable

vMix version 23.0.0.60, all windows on 20H2, 24 port gigabit network, bandwidth topped no more than 800mbps

now I'm suspecting vMix desktop capture, at least on this version, or someone can share different experience?

We have the opposite experience.

Newtek NDI Scan Converter 1.4 (10) frequently crashing vMix, particularly if the MacBook running MacOS Big Sur 11.2.3 sleeps the display.

On the other hand we have not seen vMix Desktop Capture crash vMix, yet.

niemi  
#42 Posted : Tuesday, April 13, 2021 7:56:17 AM(UTC)
niemi

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Originally Posted by: admin Go to Quoted Post
In all the cases we have seen, the cause is likely one of the following:

1. Faulty encoder
2. Faulty system (we have seen faulty hardware and faulty drivers cause problems)
3. Out of date NDI software on sources where the bug was already fixed in latest releases. (specifically related to UDP)

For point 1, update the encoder firmware.
For point 3, making sure Receive mode in Access Manager is set to Auto solves this problem.

For point 2 this is harder, as anything on the system could be potentially faulty.

We have numerous systems running on NDI 24/7 with various types of sources and have not seen any issues
besides 1 and 3, which can both be permanently solved. This would appear to confirm that the faulty hardware is likely the cause in all other cases.

We are happy to be proven wrong if someone can point us to an example NDI source that crashes consistently on the latest version, but so far no one has been able to demonstrate that.

Regards,

Martin
vMix

Martin, like we have emailed about, we can easily and consistently crash vMix with an NDI source of the latest version:

Scan Converter 1.4 (10) on MacOS Big Sur 11.2.3

We will follow up on mail, but since you ask here for a "NDI source that crashes consistently on the latest version" I wanted to log that here.

admin  
#43 Posted : Tuesday, April 13, 2021 2:33:51 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4135 time(s) in 1487 post(s)
Unfortunately we cannot replicate that on our mac systems here, so we will need a confirmation from another user on a mac
so we can investigate further.

In the meantime, this is what FEIM was created for, 3rd party NDI sources we can't fix ourselves. And we advise users with problematic sources to use it.
rpavanello  
#44 Posted : Monday, May 24, 2021 11:50:07 PM(UTC)
rpavanello

Guys, the source of this problem is NDI Tools 4.5, it takes the network to 100% without having a data flow for that. I reinstalled the NDI Tools 4.0 version and it seems to have solved it, I'm testing it by turning it on and simulating an event with Zoom. Then I say the result.