logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Beyond Film  
#1 Posted : Friday, May 21, 2021 4:42:03 AM(UTC)
Beyond Film

Groups: Registered
United States

I'm considering purchasing the vMix software as a back up to my tri-caster mini 4K.
I'm writing to ask if the targeted, NDI output capabilities of the mini 4K are available in the V-Mix software.

The tri-caster allows me to output four separate NDI signals to targeted NDI devices. My question is, if I have two or three BirdDog NDI converter's on the same network as the vMix computer, can I send or target seperate NDI outputs such as one NDI program mix to one BirdDog device which is then plugged into an HDMI monitor and then send a separate NDI signal to a second BirdDog converter which is attached to a different monitor.

The application for this would be in a live event where the program would go to the projectors via NDI while a second NDI output would go to a front of house monitor with a countdown clock for the speakers.

I believe the Wirecast has a feature called "NDI output" that will output a single mix into the network, but I do not know that it will allow me to actually target an NDI/HDMI converter.

If V-Mix does have targeted NDI output capability, how many separate NDI outputs can it put out?

I do hope this makes sense, thank you in advance.

Chris