logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
QRUXEL  
#1 Posted : Friday, May 14, 2021 1:22:03 AM(UTC)
QRUXEL

Groups: Registered
Sweden

Hi! We currently use vmix exclusivly for replay with 8 inputs via our Atem Constellation outputs and hence we only get the same PGM audio on all the SDI signals.

We'd like to know if there is a way to combine a video input from our decklink cards with a Dante audio input (Virtual soundcard) and have those as inputs in the replay system?
We tried to add an audio input and add the video as a multiview layer on top - and it works great in VMIX video mixer interface but we're unable to select them as inputs in the replay config ( We get an error popup saying "Video Source Not Ready" )

Is there another way to solve it?

Best regards,

Ludvig Fjell
Qruxel Productions
aircooled76@gmail.com  
#2 Posted : Friday, May 14, 2021 9:57:50 PM(UTC)
aircooled76@gmail.com

Man
Australia

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
I don't think you can with Decklink card... however when you use a Yuan High Tech capture card you can choose a separate audio device for the video input. (have not tested this, just noticed the option when adding an input)
Lord  
#3 Posted : Saturday, July 17, 2021 4:20:49 PM(UTC)
Lord

Australia

Bit of a late response but I encountered this issue while using vMix replays with a BMD Decklink Quad 2 and Dante audio. My solution was to select "legacy devices" in the drop down menu for the camera input and choose "Blackmagic Capture WDM" - this actually allows you to select a separate audio source to connect to a camera channel, rather than being forced to use embedded audio. I linked an image below of an example of the settings.

UserPostedImage

Seems that the up-to-date "Declink Quad" input forces you onto embedded no matter what... oh well, hopefully BMD/vMix don't stop supporting their legacy systems.