logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
danielbizz  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, September 22, 2020 7:10:56 AM(UTC)
danielbizz

Groups: Registered
Brazil

Hello guys!

I am trying to build a timer that reports the elapsed time of a race in Minutes / Seconds and Milliseconds.

Searching the Vmix manuals I found the syntax that we must configure in the title settings. The model would be: {0:mm: ss.fff}

However, when I configure this syntax, the Play, Pause and Stop commands do not work and the timer starts (with the correct syntax) but with a random time.

Has anyone experienced this problem?
doggy  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, September 22, 2020 7:23:23 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 916 time(s) in 755 post(s)
What are you using for getting the time from in the first place for the race?
danielbizz  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, September 22, 2020 7:27:36 AM(UTC)
danielbizz

Brazil

It would be like a reference time, not an official time. The problem is that the VMix timer system does not work when I change the time syntax.

Can you get this timer to work with these characteristics?
doggy  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, September 22, 2020 7:57:43 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

vMix does not have a suited timer for a stopwatch as they are countdown timers and limited to what the dropdown box allows you for the way they are displayed
The other available "timers" are clocks based on the current computers time of day

If you really want to display a stopwatch with ms precision you will need to use an external one that can either send the time to your title or you screen capture it
danielbizz  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, September 22, 2020 8:05:44 AM(UTC)
danielbizz

Brazil

Originally Posted by: doggy Go to Quoted Post
vMix does not have a suited timer for a stopwatch as they are countdown timers and limited to what the dropdown box allows you for the way they are displayed
The other available "timers" are clocks based on the current computers time of day

If you really want to display a stopwatch with ms precision you will need to use an external one that can either send the time to your title or you screen capture it

Vmix has a very simple timer, which you can configure in coutdown settings but only with the minute / second syntax. Nothing more.

doggy  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, September 22, 2020 8:36:42 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Originally Posted by: danielbizz Go to Quoted Post

Vmix has a very simple timer, which you can configure in coutdown settings but only with the minute / second syntax. Nothing more.

Right, is what i said.

RegemarkFP  
#7 Posted : Saturday, April 3, 2021 7:50:08 PM(UTC)
RegemarkFP

South Africa

It is possible and you can control it from a separate computer if you wanted to. You only need to download vMix UTC, here's the link https://forums.vmix.com/...iversal-Title-Controller I found that it's the best way to get the ms syntax included, however, I also want to ad that this is not a very reliable option if you want to use the timer for official times of participants. I am currently building a setup for Athletics and am looking into interfacing with the stadium's timing system to get precise timing data.
Hope this helps
doggy  
#8 Posted : Saturday, April 3, 2021 9:10:13 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Originally Posted by: RegemarkFP Go to Quoted Post
It is possible and you can control it from a separate computer if you wanted to. You only need to download vMix UTC, here's the link https://forums.vmix.com/...iversal-Title-Controller I found that it's the best way to get the ms syntax included, however, I also want to ad that this is not a very reliable option if you want to use the timer for official times of participants. I am currently building a setup for Athletics and am looking into interfacing with the stadium's timing system to get precise timing data.
Hope this helps

Whatever you do you showing milliseconds will be influenced by the timers update to title frequency possibilities, framerate , etc
Displaying end times is just a matter of formatting depending on how you receive the data

Want a local stopwatch/timer displayed in a title use a script and a start/stop shortcut , using the local .net stopwatch function

Interfacing with a external timing system is is easiest if it can send its data in a vMix readable form , or have it send a API Settext function

Displaying 1/100 and 1/1000 during the time running is not a good idea