logo

Live Production Software Forums


Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
danielbizz  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, September 22, 2020 7:10:56 AM(UTC)
danielbizz

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 2/25/2020(UTC)
Posts: 9
Brazil
Location: Rio de Janeiro

Hello guys!

I am trying to build a timer that reports the elapsed time of a race in Minutes / Seconds and Milliseconds.

Searching the Vmix manuals I found the syntax that we must configure in the title settings. The model would be: {0:mm: ss.fff}

However, when I configure this syntax, the Play, Pause and Stop commands do not work and the timer starts (with the correct syntax) but with a random time.

Has anyone experienced this problem?
doggy  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, September 22, 2020 7:23:23 AM(UTC)
doggy

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/27/2012(UTC)
Posts: 3,221
Belgium
Location: Belgium

Thanks: 185 times
Was thanked: 581 time(s) in 480 post(s)
What are you using for getting the time from in the first place for the race?
danielbizz  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, September 22, 2020 7:27:36 AM(UTC)
danielbizz

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 2/25/2020(UTC)
Posts: 9
Brazil
Location: Rio de Janeiro

It would be like a reference time, not an official time. The problem is that the VMix timer system does not work when I change the time syntax.

Can you get this timer to work with these characteristics?
doggy  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, September 22, 2020 7:57:43 AM(UTC)
doggy

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/27/2012(UTC)
Posts: 3,221
Belgium
Location: Belgium

Thanks: 185 times
Was thanked: 581 time(s) in 480 post(s)
vMix does not have a suited timer for a stopwatch as they are countdown timers and limited to what the dropdown box allows you for the way they are displayed
The other available "timers" are clocks based on the current computers time of day

If you really want to display a stopwatch with ms precision you will need to use an external one that can either send the time to your title or you screen capture it
danielbizz  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, September 22, 2020 8:05:44 AM(UTC)
danielbizz

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 2/25/2020(UTC)
Posts: 9
Brazil
Location: Rio de Janeiro

Originally Posted by: doggy Go to Quoted Post
vMix does not have a suited timer for a stopwatch as they are countdown timers and limited to what the dropdown box allows you for the way they are displayed
The other available "timers" are clocks based on the current computers time of day

If you really want to display a stopwatch with ms precision you will need to use an external one that can either send the time to your title or you screen capture it




Vmix has a very simple timer, which you can configure in coutdown settings but only with the minute / second syntax. Nothing more.



doggy  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, September 22, 2020 8:36:42 AM(UTC)
doggy

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/27/2012(UTC)
Posts: 3,221
Belgium
Location: Belgium

Thanks: 185 times
Was thanked: 581 time(s) in 480 post(s)
Originally Posted by: danielbizz Go to Quoted Post


Vmix has a very simple timer, which you can configure in coutdown settings but only with the minute / second syntax. Nothing more.




Right, is what i said.

RegemarkFP  
#7 Posted : Saturday, April 3, 2021 7:50:08 PM(UTC)
RegemarkFP

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 1/21/2021(UTC)
Posts: 1
South Africa
Location: Bloemfontein

It is possible and you can control it from a separate computer if you wanted to. You only need to download vMix UTC, here's the link https://forums.vmix.com/...iversal-Title-Controller I found that it's the best way to get the ms syntax included, however, I also want to ad that this is not a very reliable option if you want to use the timer for official times of participants. I am currently building a setup for Athletics and am looking into interfacing with the stadium's timing system to get precise timing data.
Hope this helps
doggy  
#8 Posted : Saturday, April 3, 2021 9:10:13 PM(UTC)
doggy

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/27/2012(UTC)
Posts: 3,221
Belgium
Location: Belgium

Thanks: 185 times
Was thanked: 581 time(s) in 480 post(s)
Originally Posted by: RegemarkFP Go to Quoted Post
It is possible and you can control it from a separate computer if you wanted to. You only need to download vMix UTC, here's the link https://forums.vmix.com/...iversal-Title-Controller I found that it's the best way to get the ms syntax included, however, I also want to ad that this is not a very reliable option if you want to use the timer for official times of participants. I am currently building a setup for Athletics and am looking into interfacing with the stadium's timing system to get precise timing data.
Hope this helps


Whatever you do you showing milliseconds will be influenced by the timers update to title frequency possibilities, framerate , etc
Displaying end times is just a matter of formatting depending on how you receive the data

Want a local stopwatch/timer displayed in a title use a script and a start/stop shortcut , using the local .net stopwatch function

Interfacing with a external timing system is is easiest if it can send its data in a vMix readable form , or have it send a API Settext function

Displaying 1/100 and 1/1000 during the time running is not a good idea
Users browsing this topic
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.