logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Gromit  
#1 Posted : Friday, March 5, 2021 1:35:10 AM(UTC)
Gromit

Groups: Registered
Sweden

Hi

Is it anyone that has experience of using the PTZ camera UV510A from Minrray together with vMix?
Does the PTZ controls in vMix work with this camera over CAT-cable?
How do you experience the latency using the camera with NDI (NDI-HX)? Is there problem with delay or similar?

Any other experiences that are good to know before buying this camera?

Gromit  
#2 Posted : Saturday, March 6, 2021 1:30:13 AM(UTC)
Gromit

Sweden

Update: Have got documentation from the manufacturer that the PTZ controls in vMix should work with the cameras. I have orderd one camera for testing. I will get back when I tested it out.
KrisS  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, March 9, 2021 7:09:25 PM(UTC)
KrisS

Poland

Hi. I have 2 Minrray cameras, and all work like a charm with vmix.

I use it localy as NDI and remote sessions 400+km away via SRT ... all iall .. very good value canera.
stpaulsmilaca  
#4 Posted : Saturday, March 13, 2021 7:48:19 AM(UTC)
stpaulsmilaca

United States

We bought the Minrray 20x NDI HDX camera and decided to swap it out, taking the place of the PTZ Optics camera 12x, for the higher zoom. Video quality is fine. Camera seems solid. BUT, getting it to work in vMix with PTZ is another matter.

You say it works like a charm with vmix. How do I set it up to use PTZ so I can control the camera and set inputs for presets and such? Our 30x ptzoptics cam is a cinch to setup, but I've tried every option in the PTZ control screen and none of them will make the camera move/zoom. Any suggestions??
stpaulsmilaca  
#5 Posted : Saturday, March 13, 2021 7:57:04 AM(UTC)
stpaulsmilaca

United States

UPDATE: somehow restarting vMix solved the problem. I could see the video through vMix and the Minrray, but a restart of vMix also brought PTZ control back. Strage, but that's fine. It works now.
Gromit  
#6 Posted : Saturday, March 13, 2021 10:26:00 PM(UTC)
Gromit

Sweden

UPDATE: I have now received 2 Minrray PTZ UV510A with NDI and PoE and the Minrray PTZ control KBD2000. I have connected the cameras to the control and to vMix. Everything works without problems.

If you have some basic knowledge about computer networking, it was no problem and not difficult. The important thing is to keep the devices on the same subnet.

Video via NDI works well. Maybe around 1-1.5 frames delay according to my first quick tests but nothing you notice that much. I had more delay when I connected it via SDI through Blackmagic Ultrastudio Mini via Thunderbolt 3. That was a bit strange but so was my test results.

PTZ control from vMix works fine without problems. Can control the camera and program different presets on different inputs.

There is nothing wrong with the video quality. Feels fully acceptable for a 1/2.8" sensor.

Overall I am very happy with the cameras this far and they had a very good price compared to other PTZ cameras.
Will  
#7 Posted : Thursday, August 19, 2021 9:05:11 AM(UTC)
Will

United States

Gromit, I have 1 working - UV510A with PoE and just ordered another. I did not set up the first camera but I am trying to setup the second one myself. I am running into an issue where it seems the LAN port is not communicating with my network switch. I have tried to setup the camera according to the manual instructions, but I am not having any luck, every time I try to find the camera with the IP address, it cannot be found. The camera nor my network switch shows any indication of communication between the two via the flashing amber lights. Did you experience anything like this when trying to setup you cameras? I believe I am going to send this one back for discrepant LAN port. The camera produces an image and I can move the head with the remote, I just cannot communicate with the camera over web GUI in order to get the camera on the same subnet. Any insight would be great!

Thanks, Will
Gromit  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, August 24, 2021 1:15:01 AM(UTC)
Gromit

Sweden

Originally Posted by: Will Go to Quoted Post
Gromit, I have 1 working - UV510A with PoE and just ordered another. I did not set up the first camera but I am trying to setup the second one myself. I am running into an issue where it seems the LAN port is not communicating with my network switch. I have tried to setup the camera according to the manual instructions, but I am not having any luck, every time I try to find the camera with the IP address, it cannot be found. The camera nor my network switch shows any indication of communication between the two via the flashing amber lights. Did you experience anything like this when trying to setup you cameras? I believe I am going to send this one back for discrepant LAN port. The camera produces an image and I can move the head with the remote, I just cannot communicate with the camera over web GUI in order to get the camera on the same subnet. Any insight would be great!

Thanks, Will

Hi Will

I can't remember having any issues with this setting up my 2 cameras, which by the way works as they should and I am satisfied.
On the other hand, it's been a while since I did that.

I use the cameras with PoE and NDI.
I use vMix and can both receive video by NDI and control the camera from vMix with different presets and positions.

If I remember correctly, the first time you connect to the camera by ethernet, however, you must set up your computer's network card manually so that it has the same subnet as the camera. The camera's original IP address is in the camera's manual if I remember correctly.

Good luck!
Will  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, August 25, 2021 5:44:02 AM(UTC)
Will

United States

Thanks. I have since worked with the supplier and determined the camera is not properly communicating with the network due to a discrepancy in the camera! Thanks for the reply.
Javier Gold  
#10 Posted : Thursday, December 2, 2021 1:15:35 AM(UTC)
Javier Gold

Argentina

Hola estoy probando la cámara minrray UV510A y noto que tiene mucho ruido a baja luz, mucha aberración cromática. es así o será un problema configuración de la cámara?