logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
MichaelB  
#1 Posted : Saturday, November 14, 2020 8:59:35 AM(UTC)
MichaelB

Groups: Registered
United States

My production is built for volunteers to run, so I have a sequence of about 100 inputs that people will step through (desired: Quick Play, Quick Play, ...). Current behavior is that Active input is moved into Preview when transition happens, so this easy-click 'next' scenario doesn't work out of the box.

I'm using a workaround which is putting 2 triggers on each and every input:
PreviewInput > Active
PreviewInputNext
This accomplishes getting the 'next' input into the Preview window, but (1) there's a lot of input flashing in the preview window as each transition causes 3 changes to Preview; (2) delays need to be added to the triggers for this to work right; and (3) frankly, it's also a pain adding these triggers to each input.

It would be lovely if there were a global option that controls what goes to Preview:
Active (current behavior - Active and Preview are swapped)
ActiveNext (i.e., whatever the 'next' input is after a transition occurs)
This would make it so easy to just click (transition) sequentially through all the inputs.

You might wonder why I don't use a manual PlayList. Answer: There are unpredictable times when it is needed to transition to an input that's out of sequence...because people on camera aren't perfect. Jumping around in a PlayList isn't really convenient, and requires 4 steps (Stop / Select desired input / check 'begin from selected item' / Start).
schmadam71  
#2 Posted : Saturday, November 21, 2020 4:16:43 AM(UTC)
schmadam71

Groups: Registered
United Kingdom

+1