logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
rhodian  
#1 Posted : Monday, October 26, 2020 6:03:23 PM(UTC)
rhodian

Groups: Registered
Australia

Hi,

I purchased a Basic HD license of VMIX thinking that while I would not be able to 'play' motion graphics/titles in VMIX, I would be able to create them with GT Title Designer.

Well, I found out the hard way that this is not the case.... I don't really want to be forking out over AUD$1700 for the HD version, so I can just create titles. Is there a standalone version of GT Title Designer WITH motion capabilities that I can purchase?

Thanks and regards
doggy  
#2 Posted : Monday, October 26, 2020 7:41:06 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 916 time(s) in 755 post(s)
Originally Posted by: rhodian Go to Quoted Post
Hi,

I purchased a Basic HD license of VMIX thinking that while I would not be able to 'play' motion graphics/titles in VMIX, I would be able to create them with GT Title Designer.

Well, I found out the hard way that this is not the case.... I don't really want to be forking out over AUD$1700 for the HD version, so I can just create titles. Is there a standalone version of GT Title Designer WITH motion capabilities that I can purchase?

Thanks and regards

you can 'play' motion graphics/titles, those that come with your install, and you can create your titles , just not with animations. Also there is still the xaml legacy titles which you can create with animations

AUD$1700 for the HD version ?? where did you find that? That's a huge jump for a one level up from you $60 license
rhodian  
#3 Posted : Monday, October 26, 2020 9:05:50 PM(UTC)
rhodian

Australia

Originally Posted by: doggy Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: rhodian Go to Quoted Post
Hi,

Thanks and regards

you can 'play' motion graphics/titles, those that come with your install, and you can create your titles , just not with animations. Also there is still the xaml legacy titles which you can create with animations

AUD$1700 for the HD version ?? where did you find that? That's a huge jump for a one level up from you $60 license

Apologies, I meant to say PRO version...

My understanding is that to create motion graphics (in the new form) you must have either the 4K or PRO version. The HD version is AUD$549 (but with no motion using GTD) while Pro is AUD$1799.

What differences are there in creation and playing of motion titles when using xaml and non xaml?
Ramón  
#4 Posted : Sunday, November 1, 2020 8:07:07 AM(UTC)
Ramón

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
this may interest you

thanks 1 user thanked Ramón for this useful post.
doggy on 11/2/2020(UTC)
Ramón  
#5 Posted : Sunday, November 1, 2020 8:07:38 PM(UTC)
Ramón

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
GT is GPU accelerated and support animations in the 4K and Pro editions of vMix. (xaml is CPU)

to create titles in xaml:
thanks 1 user thanked Ramón for this useful post.
doggy on 11/2/2020(UTC)
elvis55  
#6 Posted : Sunday, November 1, 2020 10:03:02 PM(UTC)
elvis55

Switzerland

Was thanked: 55 time(s) in 49 post(s)
Lower thirds, vMix VIRTUAL SETS, etc. for vMix

https://www.kaylarecord.net/
thanks 1 user thanked elvis55 for this useful post.
kayllastudio on 11/1/2020(UTC)